Meet your navy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by tonypeers5, May 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone going at end of July?

2. I hope so otherwise there will be alot of people sitting around doing not a lot.

SM

:nemo:

3. Just thought if anyone's going they may want to meet up.

4. I am going on the 25th, can't wait as they cancelled my free tour of Devonport today.

5. Going where? I'll be going on leave at the end of july.

:dwarf:

6. We've been stitched as "host ship" ... that's if we ever get back to Pompey.

7. I fancy gong but it's a long trek. Is it worth it?

8. Where do you live?
    http://www.meetyournavy.co.uk/
    I think its gonna be great, as you get tours of ships and that it will be great for any prospective applicant of getting an insight into the ships. I am going and I am really looking forward to it. I am lucky, the train goes from my local station all the way to Portsmouth Harbour station :D

9. I live in Sunderland (as per my profile... :) ) so it would take me 6-7 hours in car/train on a good day. Should I go? not go?

10. Go for it! It looks like it will be a great day. Which day were you looking at going on?

11. I'm not sure, I'm finished all my exams by then so I could go either. Is there any difference between them?

12. Between the days? Don't think so. I am going on the 25th to Meet your Navy in Portsmouth, then home again, then the following day I have to go back to Portsmouth to get the ferry to the Isle of Wight! I'm sure I'll be sick of the place before long!

13. for what you get for the price it is well worth it ,unlike the old Navy Days it is now stage managed by professional Marketeers and at the end result is fabulous it brings back memories creates ambitions and overall is a fantastic day out recommend getting there early and staying there late (ps i have nothing to do with the organising just passing on my esperiences of Festival of the Sea and Trafalgar 200)

14. Just relalised I have a holiday booked, leaving on the 24th. Oh well, there's always next year I suppose, maybe by then I'll be eligible for service discount too ;)

15. I've got my AIB on the 27th July so would be brilliant to go the Meet your Navy day too and just tag it on the beginning, is anyone else in a similar position?

16. I would go, however no £ = no play.

17. Think I might plan going on the 25th and 26th and stay over a night in Pompey. I need to check laterooms and see if there's some cheap hotels (preferably near a pub). I don't fancy driving 6 odd hours down there then 6 back again in one day. I was looking at return flights from leeds to southampton then the train to pompey and it's cheaper than the cost of fuel hahaha !!!!!!!