Mediterranean Fleet

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Uckers Cocky Dai, Apr 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's a buzz floating around the oldn'bold club here that we're about to lose our last remaining overseas Fleet.
    Are HMS's Calpe and Rooke finally to become part of Guardia Civil's Social Club?.

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

WTF are you smoking?

3. Whatever it is............its pretty effective. He's clearly orbiting around a far off planet

4. I've never heard of CALPE, however ROOKE Wardroom is due to close sometime soon, and the Wardroom move in toto to Devil Tower's Camp. Basically the Gib Gov't want the UK Armed Forces to defend them against the Spanish, but whilst doing that not to take up too much room, especially on the valuable waterfront.

That said, ROOKE is an utter dump, overlooked by lots of high rise buildings, so I doubt there will be much lost....

5. I'm on comminuted magic mushrooms, Bill a one time no1 on Flamingo only smokes Balkan Sobranie--They disappeared about 25 years ago so he saves himself a lot of money. The rumour comes from Tracy. He played trumpet in the transvestite group that entertained us in The Rock. Gone downhill since we were there. Sirs only then- now Well?

6. I'm afraid my memory fails me vis a vis HMS Calpe.
    I remember it featuring in a talk we had from Dudley Ward -he was the Governor then and later my next door neighbour. -lovely man.

7. RNR Unit Shut 1993

8. Thanks. So far as you know is the ship's name Calpe struck off?

9. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Hooray for closing of the wardroom and moving to devils tower - it was a dive of a place to stay in, and not at all pleasant.

10. Yes we know as it was full of pigs.