Medics site.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Shakey, Feb 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ooooooo hours of fun on that site!

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

That can't be right! there is nothing on that site about prescribing soluble aspirin for blood poisoning and brufen for 2 broken ribs when I had a stomache ulcer. Both happened to me so they must be right, at least in some MA's twisted torturous mind!!! :shock:

3. You were lucky, most people get told to go away and come back for fresh cases. :smile:

4. chieftiff

I'm lucky to be alive Slim!, but heyho lesson learnt :lol:

5. Well it is a Septic site so they wont be up on the Latest forms of Treatment!

6. Leeches are still top of my treatment suggestions.

That and paraffin oil & best brown paper.

7. Best Brown Paper!Jeez thats heavy duty gear youre using there shippers!

8. As great a victory as it was, the Battle of the Nile taught us some serious lessons that needed to be learned quickly to modernise today's fighting navy and potentially save lives.

With the rapid advancement in anaesthetics, we'll soon have a Rum capable of putting Jack under for at least 3 minutes and today's modern sawdust lends itself to a clean and hygienic operating/dining table for trouble free amputation.

Government procurement initiatives have already promised enough quinine for the entire fleet/remaining ship by the year 2020 to stave off malaria so often found on fishery protection duties off the Isle of Skye.

Watch this space.

9. chieftiff

Sciatic nerve? That'll teach 'em, should have paid attention in anatomy class, if they had one!

10. If he did stick the needle in your sciatic nerve then he deserved everything he got, and more. I apologise on his behalf.

11. That's all good. Makes me smile to think back on it :mrgreen: .
    Went sick at Lympstonia, again after this, hand cut on barbed wire going a bit green/pusy etc on a Saturday morning, should of course have been out on Endurance course :mrgreen: . MAs/ Doc v impressed etc and get some more drugs :razz: . Troop Ossifer and TroopSgt not so, have to run Endurance course in Kings Squad week as I was 1 short of number required, even though I had passed it in test week :shock: . Barstewards :evil: .