medicals

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by masterchef, Jul 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is there any major difference from the first medical you get to the one you get at hms raleigh? other than the blood tests.

2. Leeches.

3. Yes the first is at your AFCO, and the Raleigh one is at Torpoint. :D

Simples. Fuck push off S. Mario and Ninja, I can handle this newbie stuff its friggin easy. :wink: :roll:

4. at least you make it funny taking the piss :lol:

5. Trepanning as well.

6. I thought Reg's and GI's had that done, hung upside down and drained of all common sense and humour. :D :D

7. The AFCO doc warms his hands first.

8. And puts them both on your shoulders.

9. haha seriously lads just one serious answer than back to the innuendos :wink: :geek:

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Damn, you've sussed us out. :(

(I'd even started using longer words to make out we were clever, too. Bugger. Back to the Jobcentre I s'pose)

11. can you answer me ninja lol :D

12. Sorry about taking your job's lads.
    If you hurry up Ninja you can catch Mario up, he's already left but waiting just up the road for you. :D

[​IMG]

13. Hmm. Why are you so concerned?

Have you made a mistake on your medical form which you are concerned we will find out about?

14. how long does the medical last for if your 25?

15. Until the age of 30.

16. nice one sol

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As angrydoc alludes, if you join with a pre-existing medical condition which comes to light during the first 56 days of training you can be discharged if it hasn't been disclosed as it's part of the post interview caution & a condition of entry that all individuals must report a change in medical circumstances, regardless of age.

All phase one recruits undergo compulsory drugs tests too, a positive result = bye-bye.