Medically discharged

blackbritishguy

Midshipman
I'm 25 I got medically discharged for stress. My grandmum died a week before i started Raleigh 2nd of March, I knew it would mental and a lot of pressure. But i didn't mentally prepare myself I'm bad under pressure, i freaked out and gradually i got worse. I couldn't function I couldn't remeber anything. I got put into sick bay for two days. I didn't enjoy the training I enjoyed the banter and comradship and the Diversity. I would of liked the job but I don't think i have the brain for the military. I have two years before I can reapply. I got medically discharged on day 8. It was the right decision i'm happy i'm not in Raleigh but i'm not happy to be in Blackburn. If I wasn't stressed I would of done the ten weeks. What was weird when i was on the day of discharged i felt normal and I could remember how to fold my number 4 trousers. I have had a few freak outs stress does weird things to people. But i get paid £294 it's a shame the Navy didn't work out for me. I can't be arsed going through the process again by the time i get in i will be 28 I haven't got time to waste. I have got my medical discharge paper and medical form from the doctor saying stress. Like you know if you reapply after being medically discharged it's not that simply they will ask you more mad questions.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I'm not quite sure what the reason for your post is, are you posting to let others know it's ok to let people know you suffer from stress?

Union Jack

Midshipman
Regrettably, given the inevitable upset caused by the sad death of your grandmother, but based on many aspects of what you have so frankly divulged in your post, it unfortunately sounds more as if you didn't work out for the Navy, and not the other way round. That's such a pity since, looking at your previous posts, it appears as if you had been trying quite hard to make a go of it.

However, since you've made it pretty clear that you don't have the intention, or indeed the motivation, to have another go, perhaps the best course of action in the meantime is to try to return to what you were doing in the years before joining, which it would have been interesting to know. I appreciate that that may be very difficult, particularly in the present climate, and I do not mean to be uncharitable, but I can't help feeling that you have to think very hard about what you *do* want do with your life since you are already 25.

You should also seek advice on whether you are eligible for help with resolving your stress problem, which I also appreciate may be difficult at present.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Jack

blackbritishguy

Midshipman
I agree i wasn't mentally prepared. To be fair if i went in again i think i would probably pass. But I have lost interest and motivation. I can't wait two years i will probably be 28 when i start raleigh I haven't got time to waste. But I don't have the Brain for the Military. I'm trying to get a job as social worker and I'm planning on becoming a social worker. I want to do gcse maths course part time. And the access to higher education. But i wouldn't mind a another go in the Navy

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I agree i wasn't mentally prepared. To be fair if i went in again i think i would probably pass. But I have lost interest and motivation. I can't wait two years i will probably be 28 when i start raleigh I haven't got time to waste. But I don't have the Brain for the Military. I'm trying to get a job as social worker and I'm planning on becoming a social worker. I want to do gcse maths course part time. And the access to higher education. But i wouldn't mind a another go in the Navy
Couple of contradictions there matey!