Medical

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by CHF, Jul 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CHF

CHF

This sounds so ridiculous i know but can any one please help me?

During the medical you have to show your flexibility etc. however i can't seem to squat?

I have good flexibility and all but when i try to squat my heels seem to either lift off the ground or if they don't lift, my spine decides to perform so weird 90 degree right angle movement/shape.

Some people have mentioned surgery...which am willing to undergo

Please help i'm stressing over this like f***!!

2. The inability to squat come from a lack of hip mobility. This is easily solved by simplifying doing more squats with the correct form.

CROSSFIT: Air Squat Video Tutorial - YouTube

I can't do overhead squats (a component of the snatch in olympic lifting) because my hip mobility is pretty poor, but it gets better with practice.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  3. CHF

CHF

Okay i'll give that a watch and get started.

How long after the surgery would i have to wait? (i'm not expecting anyone would know)

4. It's also worth remembering that you are required to do the squats naked.

5. And don't worry about the camera, it's for research purposes.... apparently.

6. Surgery? You must be having a laugh. Unless you're planning a common sense transplant - that might work.

You need physiotherapy and graduated exercise / functional shit, not a knife.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)

• Like Like x 6
  7. CHF

CHF

When doing a squat i can keep my heels down and get my thigh parallel(ish) however my back is slightly forward compared to the video, would this **** with my medical?

and i take surgery is a no no lol

8. I can't remember doing squats in mine but I guess I must have, second nature to a woman who has been to Uni really :tongue8:

• Like Like x 1
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well it's a shame drinking cider and black aren't PRNC requirements then... :cool:

10. You would've definitely done squats, it's a requirement of the medical. Think back to the part where you had to stand naked on the glass coffee table while the doc lay under it and observed from beneath.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Cider, larger and black I have you know! Although it is a shame, I reckon I can down a bottle of lambrini quicker then most people can say 'classy bird'.

2DD ah ok that makes more sense, it's all coming back to me now :p

To the thread starter, are you sure you can't just keep practising the form and get yourself in the correct squatting position?

12. CHF

CHF

Well like I say I can get down with my heels on the floor and thighs reasonably parallel but my back is so far forward! I don't know if the examiners would accept it or not.

To answer your question that's what I've started to do and hopefully it will work :p

13. 'Rachelthree likes this'. I'll bet.

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fixed that for you.

• Like Like x 1

15. If you're watching TV then just make a point to practice every ad break or something, although maybe if you are with other people prepare for them to think you are a freak. I sincerely hope you get it sorted as not getting in the navy as you couldn't correctly assume the squat position is the lamest reason ever!

16. Finks! Witts has been in your knicker drawer again.