Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Richard88, Jun 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys.

Had my medical back in November and it got referred to the navy doctors.

I got a phone call saying i need to go and see the doctor next week and then i have received a letter to say the time and date.

On the letter it states i have authorization to attend a FEMO medical just wondering does this mean i have to do the full medical again or will it just be so i can get in to see the doctor.

Thanks in advance.

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"FEMO Medical"? Isn't that the one where Ron Jeremy - dressed in a white coat - digitally pentrates your anus? :? :wink:
  3. Haha

That's one messed up thought!
  4. When I had to re-visit the Doctor after my medical was deferred, he just focused on the area that had led to the deferment.

I think the point of a second visit is just to focus on the problem that arose.

good luck with it man, I hated having to wait to see the Doctor again, and then he couldn't make a decision for another 8 weeks because the relevant authority was on leave! :) still was great once I got it all sorted.

5. Thanks for the reply, yeah it can be a pain waiting but its all worth it in the end, just hope everything goes to plan from here on
  6. Its not messed up! its a fact. 8O
  7. i don't know what "FEMO" means, but when I had to re-visit I also just had to talk about the part that was a problem. And I need wait another 2 months still...

Good luck.
  8. Used to be Final Medical Examining Officer (Normally just review the history or injury you were referred to him for.) Perhaps Angrydoc could be more precise I believe he's a serving MO
  9. Just been today, turns out i either need to withdraw my application or get a private MRI and EEG scan's and then a consultation.

I'm gutted but it will all be worth while......providing everything is ok!

10. If you dont mind me asking, why were you defered????
  11. Yeah sure, i had a febrile convulsion when i was 9 now 20.

Its more common in babies and because of that it is seen as a risk for military training.