Medical

I had my triage phone call last week and expected to be declared temporarily unfit whilst they retrieve my medical documents. However, I passed and managed to book the medical for later this week.

In 2014 I suffered with acne and undertook a three month course of roaccutane to treat it. I declared this on my medical form and the triage nurse said that this was fine.

Basically should I expect to be made TMU at the face to face medical whilst they contact my GP?

More then likely. However if you are made TMU at the face to face medical you do not need to go back as long as you passed all the other medical bits. You should just wait for an email from your careers adviser telling you your good..

Ok so a friend has cat allergies, they aren't severe. They asked for an inhaler when they were 4, then again last September (now in their 20s). Do you think a letter from their doctor would ease this query if they want to be a pilot?

Sumo

War Hero
Ok so a friend has cat allergies, they aren't severe. They asked for an inhaler when they were 4, then again last September (now in their 20s). Do you think a letter from their doctor would ease this query if they want to be a pilot?
no medical bods on here, best to ask your AFCO, to ask an RN medical type for you?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Presumably the allergic reaction was so severe, the "friend" is unable to ask?

All allergies can.be a significant issue unfortunately, although for many branches immunotherapy for 3+ years can turn things around.

For aircrew, any history of asthma symptoms or treatment is likely to be a bar unfortunately regardless of the trigger, due to lung scarring, I'm told.

Trouble is, once four years clear of asthma signs, symptoms & treatment they can.pass the generic AFCO medical but will most likely get knocked back at the Initial Aviation Medical Examination - after passing all other aspects of selection such as the AFCO Medical, Flying Aptitude, PJFT & AIB. A real kick in the teeth unfortunately - particularly as the individuals begin to think they've cracked it.

Hi all, I have my triage call this week, I’ve been already told I’ll be classed as TMU, however I should have more success at the face to face. Basically about 8 years ago I had my appendix removed and since then I’ve fractured my ankles around 3 times. Non in the past 2 years though, never left any recurring injuries, will I pass my face to face with these histories ?

Hi all, I have my triage call this week, I’ve been already told I’ll be classed as TMU, however I should have more success at the face to face. Basically about 8 years ago I had my appendix removed and since then I’ve fractured my ankles around 3 times. Non in the past 2 years though, never left any recurring injuries, will I pass my face to face with these histories ?
It would be unfair for anyone to offer an opinion on this forum. The only opinion that matters is that of the Capita doctor. If you disagree with their conclusion you will be informed of the appeal system.

It would be unfair for anyone to offer an opinion on this forum. The only opinion that matters is that of the Capita doctor. If you disagree with their conclusion you will be informed of the appeal system.
Yeah my careers advisor informed me to appeal the decision if I was rejected as 8/10 people’s appeals are successful due to the fact it then goes to navy doctors instead of outsourced, however I just wondered if anybody on here could provide an insight due to their experiences is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah my careers advisor informed me to appeal the decision if I was rejected as 8/10 people’s appeals are successful due to the fact it then goes to navy doctors instead of outsourced, however I just wondered if anybody on here could provide an insight due to their experiences is all

Over a good period time I've seen many posts such as yours and they only thing they have in common is that they are seeking an opinion. With health there are a multitude of variables and what works for one person may not for another. The best plan is to meet it head on and see what arises and take it from there.

Over a good period time I've seen many posts such as yours and they only thing they have in common is that they are seeking an opinion. With health there are a multitude of variables and what works for one person may not for another. The best plan is to meet it head on and see what arises and take it from there.
Aye that’s true, thanks !