Medical

I was declared TMU yesterday after my medical. The doctor said everything was fine but I fractured my wrist when I was 12 y/o and apparently it's standard procedure to check the gp records regarding any fracture. The doc said it should be fine after reviewing the records since I've had no surgery or metalwork in my wrist but she said it can take UP TO TWO MONTHS for this to get approved. Is it common to experience such long delays on the medical? zzzzzzzzzzzz

Did you declare your wrist on your medical questionnaire ?
Im asking because I have my medical next week and I've declared a broken arm and cracked head aged 7 and a hernia op 3 years ago, they have asked my doctor for further details on the hernia but not the other two. Hoping they are not now going to ask for details on the other two thing and delay the process further.

Yeah I declared it on my form. But they hadn't contact my doctor before my in-person medical.

It sounds like they have already done so in your case so they probably already have the doctor's files to review on the other previous injuries

SOB94

Lantern Swinger
I was declared TMU yesterday after my medical. The doctor said everything was fine but I fractured my wrist when I was 12 y/o and apparently it's standard procedure to check the gp records regarding any fracture. The doc said it should be fine after reviewing the records since I've had no surgery or metalwork in my wrist but she said it can take UP TO TWO MONTHS for this to get approved. Is it common to experience such long delays on the medical? zzzzzzzzzzzz
Yes it can take time, you'll be frustrated through it, I was TMU for 6 months. Just make sure you keep chasing both your gp and capita.

Did you declare your wrist on your medical questionnaire ?
Im asking because I have my medical next week and I've declared a broken arm and cracked head aged 7 and a hernia op 3 years ago, they have asked my doctor for further details on the hernia but not the other two. Hoping they are not now going to ask for details on the other two thing and delay the process further.
As for the cracked head, they pulled me up on the medical for a neck injury and a cracked head but not on the triage call, i would be prepared for being made TMU.

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
I had jaw surgery and brought all of my GP/hospital records with me so they had all the information they needed.

They still made me TMU as they had to ask someone more senior regarding it. I waited about six months then had another medical and passed. It's a long process sometimes.

If you haven't already, I would try and get your medical records yourself to forward on to capita. I've found GPs/Hospitals give them out to their patients quicker than they do the RN.

Good luck