Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by photface, Nov 25, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, so I know this has been likely spoken about a million times but...

Does the doctor performing the medical always ask for the GP records?

Thanks in advance
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not always - only if all the information required is not available at the initial medical.
  3. I have a history of asthma and ear drum issues (all resolved now). When I went for my medical in 2014 and failed, I hadn't taken any documents and it took them about 2 months to get back to me and fail me.

When I went again this year, I took a letter from the GP confirming my resolved medical history and 2 days later was told I'd passed.

It cost me £19.00 to get that letter from the GP but most certainly worth it, so if you have declared any medical history it might be worth getting some evidence from the GP.
  4. I'd advise You to be straight up with the MO doing the medical. If there is something relevant in Your own medical records.
  5. Have just booked an appointment with my doctor to get a letter drafted with all of my medical issues from the past year or so. Hopefully this will be enough.

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I am definitely going to be up front with them, there is no point in lying! I wanted to know so I could ascertain when I might hear back about the result! So a GP letter as suggested is clearly a very good option :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  7. yeah, anything that you declare you will need your records for. luckily my girlfriend works as a receptionist at my GP's office and she got all my records that i needed for me, for free :)