Medical worry

I've recently applied as a Medical Assistant and have managed to get through both the Recruitment Test and the Interview fairly quickly - I applied halfway through September and got through my interview about a week and a half ago - so have my medical to deal with next. I'm perfectly healthy and fit and have never had broken bones or anything like that and all the boxes on my medical form are ticked no. However, I have been low in a vitamin which is now not really a problem whatsoever after a bit of treatment but for some reason it is stressing me out a lot thinking this could possibly stop me from joining and I can't find anything on the RN website on this. I have spoken to my own GP who said he doesn't think it should be an issue. It's not anything significant like anaemia or anything like that so I think I am probably stressing for no reason, just wondered if anyone has any similar issue and has been unsuccessful or successful at getting in? I am aware that Capita investigating it with my doctor may prolong the process but I'm fairly pushy when it comes to things like this and have no fear in phoning my doctor up constantly to get him to send a letter and explain things. It seems really insignificant but I am worried, if anyone has had any experience or any advice with anything in this area that would be a great help! Sorry if theres been a post like this, I searched and couldn't find anything myself.

Sandra

Midshipman
I wouldn’t get too stressed about it. If this is the only little blip on your medical and if it is an issue for Capita all they will do is write to your doctor. I had quite a few things that TMU me on medical because I broke my ankle almost 3 years ago and also had my gallbladder out 6 years ago they just wanted clarification from my doctor that there was no issues. They actually wrote to my doctor fairly quickly but my doctor took ages to reply as i imagine they are busy with other things. But just pester them to get it returned to Capita asap for you. Also if you are on good terms with your GP it is worth having a word with them and asking if when they fill out the form for you if they can maybe add in their own part saying how it is not an issue for you now etc.

I wouldn’t get too stressed about it. If this is the only little blip on your medical and if it is an issue for Capita all they will do is write to your doctor. I had quite a few things that TMU me on medical because I broke my ankle almost 3 years ago and also had my gallbladder out 6 years ago they just wanted clarification from my doctor that there was no issues. They actually wrote to my doctor fairly quickly but my doctor took ages to reply as i imagine they are busy with other things. But just pester them to get it returned to Capita asap for you. Also if you are on good terms with your GP it is worth having a word with them and asking if when they fill out the form for you if they can maybe add in their own part saying how it is not an issue for you now etc.
Thanks! Just think I need a bit of peace of mind about it. There’s no issues and my GP is quite quick when it comes to things like this. Going to talk to him tomorrow about how they will get in contact about it

Sandra

Midshipman
Yeah honestly I was the same over thinking wverything but I’m sure if I can pss with plates in my ankle and a few other things along the way you’ll have no bother. It is frustrating the added waiting time it adds to your application but you’ll get there in the end

Top tip. Don't take advice from people that are not qualified to give it.
Maybe you'll be ok, maybe not. It all depends on the medical standards. No one on here is qualified to give you advice. Harsh as it may seem, just wait until your medical and learn to manage your expectations.

Last edited: