Medical - 'Wink Test'

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jack1878, Jun 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Had my medical yesterday, and it turns out I can not close my left eye and keep my right eye open -This is required for obvious reasons.
    The doctor said that you can teach yourself to fix this problem yourself , but has personally not come across anyone who has managed to.

Can it be achieved, and does anyone have any advice how to achieve it?
    What happens to my application in the meantime considering I've failed the medical?

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

3. Makes perfect sense I guess your not going to have to to don an eye patch if your being shot at. I have never seen a QM or BM wearing one just incase either.
  4. Sing this and you have passed:grin: The Winky-Wanky Bird: The nervous system of this unusual bird has crossed over the links between his eyelids and his
    schlong. Now, every time he winks, he wanks, and every time he wanks, he winks. Hey kid! Stop
    throwing sand in his eye!
  5. You can practise, just stand in front of a mirror and keep going til you can. I watched waynes world and wanted a camera 1 and camera 2- pretty sure i began my quest by holding down the eyelid of the eye that couldnt wink.
  6. My application for the Vulcan High Command Spacefleet was rejected because I couldn't do this:

I still can't.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, what you do is, get nekkid, lay on your scratcher, pull your curtains across for privacy and them start stroking your...

...oh, you meant the WINKING Test?! :oops:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TWAT!!!

Put a warning before posting something like that. I can put my coffee down first. I have spent a good few minutes mopping up my spillage!!!!!:coffee2: :grin:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'm serving and have the same problem (never had any such test when I joined up but that was a while ago!). When I've been on the range which is rare, I've kept both eyes open, it's actually quite easy once you get used to it.
  10. Haha that made me 'lol' as they call it :D