Medical update....pass but referred?!

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Evening All!!

Brilliant news. AFCO rang and the dr has marked me as 'fit' (brilliant I thought) HOWEVER, he has marked my medical as referred and now it's gone to Navy command?

As it's medical the AFCO have no idea why, neither do I since the dr seemed happy with me (only thing was my BMI was 29 but he said it would be fine and surely he would simply TMU me and ask me to re weigh in once I was down to 28 or under?)

Anyway, AFCO said it can take 2-3 months to get an answer!!!

Rang Capita and normally the dr includes them on the email they send Navy Command, however for some reason my dr hasn't done this!! So they've chased this up and they've asked me to call back in 3-4 weeks and they should have an answer and full report then as to why I was referred!!

Rang the clinic I went to for the medical and they simply hire the room to Capita and the dr hasn't been back since my medical and he isn't booked in for the rest of the year either so although I could leave a message and my number, he wouldn't pick it up until he returns to the clinic - if at all!

Very confused about it all now and frustrated as the dr seemed happy with me, yet I'm referred to someone senior! :(

Anybody else had any experience like this?

shinson

Lantern Swinger
GOOD NEWS!!!

Rang Capita today, and the Dr made a mistake....I was declared fit however he ticked the referred box also!?

Anyway, I am now fit and the next stage is the treadmill run!! Chuffed!!! Time to get the head down and start ramping up my Phys especially over the festive period

shinson

Lantern Swinger
Was similar to what I did 16 year ago to be honest.

Weight, Height, BMI, Eye Sight, Hearing, Throat, a few body movements (Duck Walking, press ups, squats etc) Lung capacity check, basic questions regarding the questionnaire you pre completed, and I think that is about it.

Captain Birdseye

Lantern Swinger
Was similar to what I did 16 year ago to be honest.

Weight, Height, BMI, Eye Sight, Hearing, Throat, a few body movements (Duck Walking, press ups, squats etc) Lung capacity check, basic questions regarding the questionnaire you pre completed, and I think that is about it.

Oh right, that sounds exactly the same to what I had 2 years ago with the service Doc when I had my medical. The AFCO CA told me today that it's changed, and is more stringent.