Medical Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by woody28, Aug 31, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tomorrow I have my medical examination for the reserves :cool:

I have heard so much about different people being picked up for loads of different things that they did't even know they had... As far as I know I have only ever had 3 broken ligaments, both wrist and one knee; all are now completly fine now and that was all years ago so I am really worried that I'll be failed for some random reason...
    Can anyone pick up on this and what does the Doctor ask you/do with you? etc....
    (I see much banter coming)

Woody ;)
  2. Also, will I need to bring any ID with me???
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

ID? Whatever for? The doctor will believe that the physically perfect specimen you have paid to be examined in your place is you. The imposter just has to say so. No problem.

Don't mention it.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Speaking from my experience doing my Reserves medical a few years ago (took 1.5 years - an exception!!!), and my recent full time application one (done in a oner as I was prepared):

Yes, take ID.

Also take any documentation around your injuries/rehab and the all clear. I broke my wrist as a kid and this held my medical up for well over a year as Capita kept requesting individual letters from the NHS. In the end I had to go get an xray using my own cash (around £120) and get a doctor to give me the all clear that yes, my hand was still attached, before Capita would sign it off. Rest of it was tickety boo.

If you run into any individual issues at your medical, it's worth noting what they are and speaking to your GP about what's on your medical record, before sending copies to Capita as follow-up.

Medical is very much in your hands, don't sit back and expect Capita, the Navy or the NHS to be pushing it through for you or you will have a very long wait.