Medical Tomorrow - Hard Parts Over Though... Or Is It?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by creddly, May 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before you guys go mental on me lol, I'm not worrying in the least bit!

Seriously, I'm confident I'll pass the medical and fitness test!

Question though; If I fail either, I won't have to go back to GO, and not collect my £200 will I? I.e. Have to do the interview and aptitude test again?
  2. please dont mention the entry medical
    I just had flashbacks to a pervy old RAF doctor with extremely cold hands!!!

and sorry have no idea if you have to start it all again if you fail
  3. Lucky old Doc :)
  4. I had mine in Birmingham. The guy - foreigner - didn't like to be touched, or to directly touch anyone else. Cold gloves and he'd even push the pen across the desk so that you could write your name on the sheet.. then throw the pen away so he wouldn't have to touch it again

And then he failed me for being too fat - despite the BR's saying I was within acceptable range
  5. Clearly you are, if you're asking the question.

They will check your heart rate and blood pressure........

And as to restarting, depends on what any failure might be for, and how significant it is, hence how long you have to wait.
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't worry Creds, you'll enjoy the internal 8O
  7. LOL the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm remembering what a perv he was!
    Apparently the strange angles he was trying to contort me into were to check my joints were okay!! 8O
  8. *SIGH*

NOT worrying, just WONDERING!!! :p
  9. Just purely out of curiosity ... doesn anyone know how long you have to wait to retake if you fail your run?

10. Credders, you won't fail, don't think about it. If I passed, anyone can! ;) Do let us know though!

Icantfly, did you have the RAF doctor that my friend was talking about? She says he went nuts when she put the pen back in the desk tidy not in exactly the same place she took it from. Says he was obsessive compulsive. Forgot her measurements and made her strip again...
  11. Anyone for a game of doctors & nurses?
  12. If my memory serves me correctly i think that with regards to your fitness test you have 3 attempts and after that you then have to wait 12 months and the re-apply from scratch.
    But generally most RN things you get given 3 chances then your out!

But goodluck and stay positively focused. Let us know how you get on.
  13. Hey everyone!

Passed it!

Just the fitness test now!
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Did he put both hands on your shoulders when he inserted the thermometer?!

8O :oops:
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well done. Take a packet of 'chocolate suggestives' for the examiner... :twisted:
  16. Well done, another hurdle passed!! good luck on the next stage, after that it is just a waiting game. I have got to call the AFCO on Friday to see if the CPO has any news regarding a start date.