medical to fitness test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by werqpr, Nov 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how long after the medical is the PJFT?
  2. 3 years.

I did my PJFT one week after my medical. I'm not sure how long you have to complete it in, you should get a letter from the AFCO telling you these details.

Hope this helps. WN

4. That soon...............cushty!!
  5. Y aint u prepared? you done your medical?
  6. I think that only people who have been through the rating selection process (e.g. wingnut)or careers advisors should be replying to the guys question.
  7. chico, you done your parachute jump yet?

werqpr, its within 1 month of you passing medical - in theory you could do it the same day if the local gym had the slot.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You should book your PJFT within 7 days of passing your Medical & complete the PJFT within 28 days of being passed fit for entry.
  9. Yes once i returned to the AFCO with my medical papers and notes that i had passed the AFCO gave me a form to book the PJFT within 7 days and also do actually perform the test within 28 days of booking it.

In all i did the medical on the Thursday, booked the fitness test on the friday and completed the test on the Sunday, Informed the AFCO of my result on the Monday morning and they started the ball rolling.........
  10. Whats the score on the PJFT? Does a instructor watch you run at a local gym?
  11. iv got my fitness test in exactly 38 mins, youll be given the number of a club near you, where a pt will watch you

although the number i was given didnt get through to anyone, so i called the club on their normal number. ?
  12. A PJFT will require you to run a set distance (2.4KM) against a set target for your age and agender. These details will be given to you by your AFCO.

You then book an appointment at the gym that are accredited to the standards of RN. The staff there will assist you in explaining what will happen.

You warm up for a few hundred metres then the timer begins. Run in good pace and be sure not to overstretch yourself but be sure to push yourself.

The PTI will stand back and monitor your performance and record your time. If he or she feels your having difficulty then they will step in and stop the test.

Once the test is complete, you will have time to cool down and they will fill in the relevant documents to be returned to your AFCO.

Then all you have to do is wait..........this is normally the last stage in the recruitment process for rating recruits

Good luck ont he rest

Enjoy the best career of your life
  13. Is the PJFT run observrd by a member of the RN or a member of staff at the gym??
  14. By a member of the gym staff.