Medical test question

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before but there are a lot of threads.

I am hoping to join the Royal Navy and will be applying, however I'm concerned whether or not having 'dry skin' would affect my medical.

It's not as bad as eczema and it doesn't crack and after reading into it it's meant to be a very common skin condition.

Thanks for any help.

I'm sure it could be massive and it wouldn't make any difference to this sort of post! If people want to search then they will find it, otherwise they won't.
What would be nice, for those of us who do use the search bar, is a filter - so I can look at threads that aren't from last decade.

Even just a "sort by date" kind of thing would help massively.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sorry for the trouble this seems to have caused! I'll use the search bar from here on out :)
In answer to your query - the tip is to treat dry skin with "over the counter" shop bought treatments rather than prescribed unctions & ointments. If you have visible patches of dry skin at your medical it can easily be diagnosed as eczema and result in further checks of your medical records for prior history of eczema diagnosis & treatment.

Thank you for your reply, I couldn't find any other information other than people have been barred entry for it. I believe my medical records will show dry skin from when I was a small child but other than that its never been an issue. I only ever use over the counter products also as prescribed medicines don't really help.

Thank you for your advice!

Thank you for your reply, I couldn't find any other information other than people have been barred entry for it. I believe my medical records will show dry skin from when I was a small child but other than that its never been an issue. I only ever use over the counter products also as prescribed medicines don't really help.

This reads as though you may have prescription medication on your records. Otherwise you wouldn't know whether they were effective or not.

Just to put that into a bit of context, my Grandad is a Doctor and while he can't prescribe me anything properly he gave me creams and things to use as a child that never really made a difference the way over the counter products had.

Just to put that into a bit of context, my Grandad is a Doctor and while he can't prescribe me anything properly he gave me creams and things to use as a child that never really made a difference the way over the counter products had.
I see, Family Doctor in each sense:)