Medical Test-Can someone please help?

My left foot pronates, so therefore i have to wear custom made insoles. I'm a bit worried that this will prevent me from passing the medical test. Is this considered an auto bar? Or despite the fact this does not hold me back, will I pass ok? Please help, I have another year to wait and the suspense is killing me.

Thanks

A

angrydoc

I suspect you will have problems.

In general terms, you should not need any custom-made corrective footwear before you join. You don't have problems at the mo because you use insoles.

How long have you used them for? Were they placed a while ago and you think you could now cope without them? Often they are not required longterm. Were they given on prescription of a foot and ankle surgeon or GP or on the advice of a chiropodist?

No i dont need corrective footwear, just insoles to stop the pronation of my foot. It is a permanent condition, so without the insoles problems start. My fitness is fine, im just thinking the Navy will see it as a problem because my insoles have to be replaced yearly. Does the Navy have orthotics? Oh and it was through my GP. Thanks for replying.

A

angrydoc

If your condition is permanent and subject to custom-made orthotics then I don't think you will pass the medical I'm afraid. As an aside, no matter how good your fitness is, the rigours of military training may well make your condition a lot worse - insoles or not.

Sorry I can't be more positive.