Medical standards different between TSM and SSM?

Hello everyone, new member to this forum!
I have been in the application process for a year now, and already had my medical ( passed ).
I am currently applying for SSM.
My question is, do SSM ratings require better hearing than TSM ratings?
Im asking this questions, as i was told at my medical that i passed the hearing test by a very small margin.

And like most potential recruits, i don't want to get all the way to HMS Raleigh, and get discharged the second day in, for failing the hearing test ( as i believe its more in depth ).

The reason i have asked for the comparison of the two jobs ( TSM & SSM ), is that i'm also interested in TSM, and if it doesnt require as high requirements for hearing, then i should consider the change.

I have used the search bar, but have not come across any useful information upon this matter.

Many thanks for you help.

A

angrydoc

If you don't meet the standard then I'd imagine you would be advised so at AFCO level. Other branches are possible though. I'd wait for the wisdom of an Careers Advisor.

Hi mate, I failed my hearing test, got a letter to say thanks, bye and good luck in civvy street. It got a bit more complicated after that though when I appealed, but that was the basics of it.

No, I failed mine at the first medical. If you've got through that, then the one at Raleigh should be ok, as you're not doing a hearing test on the high street of a busy town centre...