Medical review PASSED!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by GuyC, Jul 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long should I expect to wait for a decision to come back regarding Medical query?

I'm expecting answers along the lines of 'how long is a piece of string' but was looking for indicators of what I should expect.

In the past how long has it taken for other people to receive a decision back from their medical investigation!?

I had my medical on 8th April 2009 and still waiting, I have been pestering my CO on regular intervals with no further info coming back.

Any help or indicators would be very much appreciated!
  2. Re: Application deferred for Medical review

How long is a piece of string?
    Each case is different, for example the reviewing MO may have been supplied with more info for one case than for another, questions may have to be refered back to your GP or AFCO for clarification etc etc.
    There will also be a list of applicants in front of you going through the same process.
    Although it is a pain that your Recruitment has been stymied like this it is the Royal Navy's duty to ensure that those it does Recruit are fit to serve.
    AngryDoc or one of the AFCO bods maybe along shortly to give you more details.
  3. Re: Application deferred for Medical review

Thank you for your quick response.

I completely appreciate and agree that the RN need to ensure all their applicants and serving members are fit for service. I would be shocked if they didn't - I wouldn't expect anything less.
    I was prepared for a delay; just maybe not one this long, and with no end in sight I'm sure you can appreciate my frustration and anxiety to get it resolved ASAP.

Note to Physical gratz on passing yours! Hope rest of application and service goes well!

I have sent a PM to AngryDoc a few weeks ago, with no response to date, assuming he isn't able to check the forums that often (too busy sifting through all those pending medicals waiting to be reviewed! LOL)

Just got the call from AFCO!!! I'M IN! Words cant describe how elated i am right now!

Thanks guys for all your advise and support.

Arranged PJFT for tomorrow, but should be ok, went for run today, did 1.5 miles in 9:02 today.
  5. Re: Application deferred for Medical review

Congratulations, Guy! Good news!
  6. Re: Application deferred for Medical review

Ditto. :)