Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical review-Hearing

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hi..I have done my Medical last month but I was deemed temporary medical unfit because the doctor could not see my ear drum in my left ear due to ear wax blocking it. I had done a war syringe to get that wax removed. I now have my medical the 19th of June. Do I have to do the whole medical over or just the doctor looking at my left ear ?
It depends.

The medical examiner is briefed to conduct a full medical at the face to face medical rather than pause at the point they come across an unresolved issue.

The ear wax thing is to do with sighting the tympanic membrane to check it's intact and is, I think, still mentioned in the medical appointment letter.

Providing there were no other unresolved issues and the medical examiner did not advise you they needed to check anything else, then all that should happen is you pop in to see the Doc and he/she shoves a right-angled torch in your lug to check you're OK.

Sometimes those with an iffy hearing test previously maybe invited to undergo another one to check you're OK but other than completing any elements not already checked (as they should've been), that's about it, so don't fall for the "Take your clothes off" gag a second time :)

Sumo

War Hero
When my GP could not see my tympanic membrane, he had a Nurse get a power washer out an blast clean, non of that old syringe low pressure stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S failed medical paper review Joining the Royal Navy 4
C Medical review Joining the Royal Navy 2
A Medical paper review Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
A How long did it take Capita to review your medical info? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
O failed medical review Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
T5igger Medical "Paper review" results? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
N Senior Service Medical Officer Review Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Paperwork Review (Medical) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
IlikeB33r Pending Further Medical Review Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 48
GuyC Medical review PASSED! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 0
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 0
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9