Medical Rejection & Appeal

Stirlin

War Hero
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to approach the GP when I go for an appointment?

No doubt another £100 they want... Theives.

I’m guessing I can just get them to write a letter explaining the above, hopefully, and then attatch that to my letter I’m going to write

Just to humour you as you continue to ask questions to stuff you already know , what is a Theive ?.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to approach the GP when I go for an appointment?

Yes.

(Forgetting the "theives" (sic) insult......)

First of all remember that you are dealing with one of our society's most respected members, so be early, be smart and be polite, happy and respectful. Get him or her on your side.

Explain the situation properly. This might be obvious, but as busy as they are, they might just have glossed over the info. It's important that they WANT to take the time to fully understand the situation and it's importance to you. Ask politely if they know what you require, if not point out the entry requirements and that you feel your mild hayfever should not preclude you.

Express how determined you are to make a career in the Royal Navy, explain that the contracted company has rejected you but you require the correct facts presented in order to overturn their decision.

A Doc could easily say "No, hayfever" just as easily as they could say "very mild ex-hayfever sufferer, no problem", you need them to want to say the latter.

Phalanx

Midshipman
Yes.

(Forgetting the "theives" (sic) insult......)

First of all remember that you are dealing with one of our society's most respected members, so be early, be smart and be polite, happy and respectful. Get him or her on your side.

Explain the situation properly. This might be obvious, but as busy as they are, they might just have glossed over the info. It's important that they WANT to take the time to fully understand the situation and it's importance to you. Ask politely if they know what you require, if not point out the entry requirements and that you feel your mild hayfever should not preclude you.

Express how determined you are to make a career in the Royal Navy, explain that the contracted company has rejected you but you require the correct facts presented in order to overturn their decision.

A Doc could easily say "No, hayfever" just as easily as they could say "very mild ex-hayfever sufferer, no problem", you need them to want to say the latter.

Thank you! Just a wait until 30th October, as that's their earliest available appointment.