Medical Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Under_rated, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Inane question I'm sure but can someone clarify this question??
    "Any contact with child guidance services. "

Had social workers involved in my life 24 years ago during the parents custody I really have to declare that as pertinent to the above question?

I'm not mentally scarred from it.
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The temptation to reply to this in the style of Diamond Lil's is overwhelming. However, i will attempt to be sensible.

Very doubtful. It is probably for the younger person joining that this question is for to be honest. However, if you are not sure, contact your recruiting office and ask them and if no joy there, just put it in to be on the safe side.
  3. I can undertsand the temptation to imply many connotations to that question - thanks for resisiting the urge. :wink:

I'll ask the question when I do my medical in Nov, though don't really see what relevance it would bear nearly 25 yrs later.

4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Neither do i to be honest. As i said before, i don't think it relates to you directly. Always best to check though.
  5. Honesty is the best policy Under_.
  6. It's an odd wording, as the phrase "child guidance services" is not really in use in the UK.

What they probably mean are paediatric psychology services and social services aimed at children with behavioural needs, but since you did have contact with Social Services, albeit for an entirely different reason, put it down and they'll be happy.
  7. I'd put it down and explain the reason - it won't be an issue.
  8. Thanks for all the advice.

Spoke to the AFCO already and they gave similar advice.