Medical questionnaire/eye test form

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 306dturbo, Feb 13, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Passed my RT and initial interview and recieved my medical questionnaire and eye test forms plus the stamped addressed envelope to send them back in.

I haven't been able to get in the opticians this week but have filled my questionnaire in, so do I wait until I have had the eye test and send the 2 forms back together?

Also recieved an email from the careers adviser notifying me my SC has been started but as of today I haven't recieved the second email, should I contact the AFCO or does it usually take a while?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you have two forms to return to your AFCO and one pre-paid envelope to return them in before a medical appointment can be booked, the cheapest & most efficient means of reaching the objective with maximum economy of effort is left for the individual to decide.

With regard completing your online SC application, it's entirely possible the guidance has been sent in advance of a follow-up email to initiate SC. In the even the link is not received, check junk/spam for an email off If not received within a week, give your AFCO a bell (link in signature block).
  3. Thanks ninja helpful as always :)

Booked my eye test for this Saturday which is 11 days after my interview. Only time I could do with work and other commitments which gets busy this time of year.

Will this be seen as taking too long? Do I need to notify the AFCO staff of the booking ?

Did receive my email to begin SC, can I make a start on this now or do I need to wait?

Thanks again
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The timespan seems fine, you do not need to notify your AFCO when an eyetest is booked unless they specifically request it. If you have received a one-off link to the website, to create an account & start the process, you can crack-on with it.