Medical questionnaire and call with capita

I just recently passed my RT test and now have the for medical forms to fill in. Basically I had an episode of severe headaches just over a year ago however they were not migranes and the doctor did not diagnose them at all as migranes. The medical questionnaire specifically states “Migranes in past 2 years” and I don’t know whether I should just say no as I did not have a migraine headache or say yes and explain it was a different type of headache.
If I did say yes and explain the situation I was also going to attach the results of an MRI test for the headache that came back negative so that they did not need to contact the doctor as I already provided the evidence.
Does anyone have any advice on wether I should bring it up or not? And if I do, does anyone have experience with sending medical evidence to support that your condition is fine now and had any success? Such as this case an MRI.
Thanks

Last edited:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
My very inexperienced two pence would be if it's been proved not to be a migraine then you haven't had any migraines to declare. I'm guessing they will find out about it when they get your medical records and what they do from there is anyone's guess!
My view from the outside is that capita has a very specific way of dealing with things, and if anything strays outside those boundaries then there tends to be long delays, so trying to preemptively explain something that isn't a migraine that you've declared in the migraine box could just confuse them!
Someone more qualified might give you better advice though.

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
. . . capita has a very specific way of dealing with things . . .
Yes, they're called computers and f***ing idiot managers in all sorts of industries expect them to have the judgment that humans have taken millennia to develop. I see it all the time and, to quote one H W Goering, "Ich entsichere mich mein Browning". On the other hand, I do make money out of the machines' stupidity, so perhaps I shouldn't complain too loudly. So I won't be starting a new rant in the other forum . . . yet!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I just recently passed my RT test and now have the for medical forms to fill in. Basically I had an episode of severe headaches just over a year ago however they were not migranes and the doctor did not diagnose them at all as migranes. The medical questionnaire specifically states “Migranes in past 2 years” and I don’t know whether I should just say no as I did not have a migraine headache or say yes and explain it was a different type of headache.
If I did say yes and explain the situation I was also going to attach the results of an MRI test for the headache that came back negative so that they did not need to contact the doctor as I already provided the evidence.
Does anyone have any advice on wether I should bring it up or not? And if I do, does anyone have experience with sending medical evidence to support that your condition is fine now and had any success? Such as this case an MRI.
Thanks
As long as you have not had prescribed migraine medication or been to your GP and diagnosed as having possible migraine in the last two years, you can honestly declare you have not suffered from migraine in the last two years, your medical records will confirm the statement and you can therefore tick the "no" box.

However, the questionnaire also asks:

"Do you have a history of attendance at hospital for illness, injury or operations?" to which you must reply "Yes", assuming that's where you had an MRI scan

It also asks:

If yes provide approximate dates and details of attendance": to which you can add "See attached" and staple your MRI scan copy to the questionnaire.

As long as you have not had prescribed migraine medication or been to your GP and diagnosed as having possible migraine in the last two years, you can honestly declare you have not suffered from migraine in the last two years, your medical records will confirm the statement and you can therefore tick the "no" box.

However, the questionnaire also asks:

"Do you have a history of attendance at hospital for illness, injury or operations?" to which you must reply "Yes", assuming that's where you had an MRI scan

It also asks:

If yes provide approximate dates and details of attendance": to which you can add "See attached" and staple your MRI scan copy to the questionnaire.

Thank you very much this is really helpful. The MRI was in the hospital but was carried out 9 months after the headaches but was still done to identify the cause of the headaches, just couldn’t arrange an earlier test.
Would I still bring this up then and if so is it better to add th dates of the MRI,dates of the headache or both?
Many thanks

One thing I have learned after 20 + years in the military and 20+ years in the civil service. The latter with some negotiation with Capita.

Just answer the question posed and DON'T over-read or guess what you think they may want to read or hear. Bites you in the arse!!!!! If a doctor hasn't used the word 'migraine' in his diagnosis then its safe to say NO when asked have you suffered with it!!