Medical Question

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by PERCY09, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK I have read many threads on here & I realise the Doc is the only person who can make the decision. I just wondered if anyone has any personal experiance or knows of anyone who is or has been in a similar situation.

The query is. Does anyone know of anyone who has had surgery on their ankles resulting in metalwork? Did they pass the medical or were they refused?

I did ask the Careers Advisor but all he said was the same as everyone else, only the Doc can make that decision & that he has no personal experiance therefore cannot give any example.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Regards :)

2. hi percy the only person i know that could really help you is dr.zoidberg ( no hes not a doc) he has a skin graft on his ankle and almost got rejected. he was made to wear boots for a couple of months and see how he got on.

im sure he will be along soon but if not drop him a pm.

chris.

3. Thanks mate, I know I need to see the doc but im an impatient bugger :roll:

I might try running with boots on anyway to see how I get on

4. no probs dude, best of luck

5. I'm looking into joining the RN hopefully....

I also had a metal plate in my ankle which has now been taken out.

I did ask at the careers office about this, I told him when running on it i'm absolutly fine (which i am). The guy did say I should be fine, but it would be up to the medical officer.

6. If you've still got metalwork then it's no go I'm afraid.

If the metalwork is out, the joint has full painfree function, and we have paperwork to support this, then you may be ok. We may seek a Service orthopaedic opinion though.

7. Don't do that unless you're gonna build up slowly. I didn't and fcuked my calf muscles up a bit :wink:

(I just had a skin graft and K wires a few years ago btw)

8. FCUK :cry:

9. MOD NOTE

This thread has just undergone significant editing. It strayed way from the original theme. Frankly, I have better things to do than remove stupid posts by those of you with bugger all else to do with your lives. If you want to piss about, then go to Lils. If you're going to post in this forum then keep it to the topic.

Some may call this censorship - that is exactly what this is. A democracy this is not.

AD
    Moderator, H&F