Medical query

I have my medical soon, and I am really worried about a previous incident during my phase 2 training back in 2009 (Pvr’d and currently re-joining) I had a blackout and was sent for tests to which nothing was found to be wrong. It was an isolated incident and hasn’t happened again since then.
Is this likely to be an issue this time round? Very worried that it may cause problems as no condition was ever found to be the cause, therefore no final diagnosis given. Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If it was a one off, of indeterminate origin, then they may require evidence from your GP that there has been no reported recurrence in the intervening time since you quit previously.

That said, if you were discharged in medcat P2 (fully fit) it would be difficult for the service to claim you are now unfit for entry. If they do, the service needs to adequately explain why you weren't treated and medically discharged. The service also needs to be certain the incident was not directly attributed to an injury or condition brought on through recruit training because if you are unfit to re-enter, you should have been discharged in a reduced medical category.

Hello, sorry to hijack this thread. Not too sure on how to create my own. Please could someone advise as to if they drugs test during the medical, or is it just a kidney function test. I know they drugs test during basic training, is that the first time?
why would this worry you?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Habitual recreational drugs use is unfortunately a bar to entry as it is considered incompatible with a service career.

If anyone considers they may have residual traces of recreational drugs still in their bodies at the time of applying then it is clear they are not adequately clear from using the stuff. I'd be inclined to advise deferring an application until such time as the individual is confident they would not test positive by at least a factor six or more months. Anyone worried about the urine sample at the AFCO medical examination is clearly not clear of recreational drugs by an acceptable margin.

As a random contributor on this forum, if I were to state there was categorically no drug test prior to joining - would you believe me? I wouldn't take that chance.

We are aware that drug use is widespread in civilian life, but the advice is not to jeopardise a potential long-term future career. Anyone testing positive will be dismissed and unable to rejoin, so bide your time.

Good luck.

Just the odd English lesson, I'd guess. ;)
I had lots of them, just didn't get it, Maths, science & engineering make sense, one can get definitive answers, England as spoke and wrote just too woolly.
Every time you come to the end of a breath add a comma, end of statements add full stop, why no commas, I can hold one breath for ages? Stupid woman?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hi, thanks for the advice. I have passed my recruits test and i have my interview in a months time. I plan to take the interview, and then push the medical off for as long as i can. Would any of this mean that i would have to start my application from the beginning again, or is there a time period say if i left it 6 months then i would have to start again?

Like you said its not worth ruining a lifetime career, i can 100% tell you that i wont be indulging again, but obviously just worried about traces :\
The recruit test remains valid 3 years, the interview 12 months, so a six month deferral of an application at the medical stage would not involve any elements retaking upon re-activating an application.

Ninja, thanks for your assistance. Thats brilliant news. I will most likely sit my interview then and proceed to deferr my medical for a couple of months ti make sure im 100% good to go. What do you reckon a good reason to say would be?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ninja, thanks for your assistance. Thats brilliant news. I will most likely sit my interview then and proceed to deferr my medical for a couple of months ti make sure im 100% good to go. What do you reckon a good reason to say would be?
There's no need to tell porkies, all you need say is you wish to defer your application until fully prepared physically, but emphasise you still want to join, just not yet.