Medical Process

I am wondering about the medical process for joining up.

Junior has filled in his screening questionnaire, had his eye-test and sent this back to the AFCO. He has since had his telephone appointment to go through the questionnaire and answered all the questions again thinking that would be it until his actual medical.

However he has just had another email to say that a nurse is to go through his questionnaire AGAIN on the telephone - just how many times do they need to go through the questionnaire ?

Admittedly, it is many years since I went through it but this process seems to be wasting people's time - surely they should just get his backside into the AFCO and get his proper medical done with a doc who knows what he is talking about rather than this palaver ?

I am wondering about the medical process for joining up.

Junior has filled in his screening questionnaire, had his eye-test and sent this back to the AFCO. He has since had his telephone appointment to go through the questionnaire and answered all the questions again thinking that would be it until his actual medical.

However he has just had another email to say that a nurse is to go through his questionnaire AGAIN on the telephone - just how many times do they need to go through the questionnaire ?

Admittedly, it is many years since I went through it but this process seems to be wasting people's time - surely they should just get his backside into the AFCO and get his proper medical done with a doc who knows what he is talking about rather than this palaver ?
I think if you asked any applicant from any of the three services they would struggle to give a cogent justification for the unwieldy frustrating time and money costing system which has been brought in in the last 18 months. Patience will assuredly be required. Good luck

Sumo

War Hero
@XCrabFat search for medical and you will see many unhappy or confused bods re medical process. The company with the contract seem to be slow and very quick to say TMU, so you can appeal to an higher military doc, they are risk adverse and will say no rather than let someone through, putting the final yes or no onto a military doc. Cynical side says they get paid and took no risk, they are happy potential recruits are not, as an appeal can cost to collect the evidence to prove them wrong.
Good luck to your lad, it's not as easy to get in when we were lads? Once in the work is just as hard?

Last edited: