hi guys, i am a medical student currently applying for naval cadetship. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the pipeline. I understand that NEMOs have an accelerated experience at brnc, but i am finding it difficult to obtain specifics. cheers in advance!
I wasn't a cadet, but the basic scheme of things is:
- Medical school, with some RN things thrown into the holidays
- Qualify (yay)
- Foundation jobs in a Ministry of Defence Hospital Unit (Plymouth, Portsmouth, Camberley, Northallerton, Peterborough or Birmingham)
- BRNC post-F2 along with remainder of NEMO course
- General Duties Medical Officer (GDMO) for up to 3 years (the best bit - out at sea / under the sea / with the bootnecks getting up to derring do)
- Specialty Training +/- various deployments and exercises
- CCT and Consultancy, with deployments dependent on specialty.
Be aware that not every specialty is available, and your geographic location is very variable and will be decided for you!