Medical Nerves

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by leeblease, Feb 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My knees click when I bend them its not painfull but it sometimes makes a noise. I am worried about it because I will have the medical soon, and I understand they look at your joints. Does anyone know if this would be a problem?
  2. Can't see it being a problem providing you have full range of movement and normal strength. No doubt a medic will give you a proper heads-up.
  3. Mine still Click when i hear the word "Joshman"
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You should be fine, after you've been in a while they click and hurt....bonus
  5. Sounds like a bucket handle tear of the meniscus albeit a small one.They can get worse or not be too much bother depending on how you treat your knees.We used to have no end of these cases in Haslar.As long as they dont lock or reduce the range of movement you should be ok.Hope this helps.

P.S. i wouldnt mention it unless directly asked.
  6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

When I joined up my knees just clicked, then I started to embark on the Grey Funnel line with associated ladders, they then began to clunk, then I started Mountaineering and they started clanking, my knees now go click, clunk, clank at my last medical I asked the Doc about them, he asked if they hurt, I said no, he said then that's normal! I think everyones knees click to some extent or other.
  7. Mine click terribly, and my hips. My medical wasn't too thorough though, he just jiggled my knee caps a bit. Don't worry, i think it's only things that will actually stop you from training properly that they look for.
  8. I know loads of people with clicky knees and it doesn't affect them in the slightest. Don't worry