Medical in two weeks.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by adrian9901, Jun 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. I have recently been contacted and informed I will be doing a medical in 2 weeks. So I was wondering what happens during the medical or what to expect. Just curious and excited to find out and get this stage done :). Appogies if this has been posted about before it is hard browsing forums via my iPhone.

Many thanks .
  2. one thing that is annoying me or causing me concern is that im still getting over a clold that has been passed around the workplace will this be an issue on the medical ? im still coughing , but am fine on peak flow and lung capacity.
  3. Dunno, I'm not a doc. Can't see it being a problem.
  4. That aint what you told the barmaid at the Rose of England.
  5. Stupid cow believed me though, I couldn't say gynecologist but she seemed happy with fanny doctor.
  6. Gynecologist. Ah yes the other compass was magnetic.
    I'm that smart.:laughing2:
  7. She must have thought you were a proctologist 'cos she called you an ******** :-D
  8. She told me you were a wait my deaf,.. that was transome man.:-D
  9. Just had mine.

Hearing acuity test/ piss test/blood presure/check for murmers and that other thingy were they listen to your lungs as you breathe with a stethoscope/Weight and height/quick talk about med history.

Nothing serious unless you have an unusual family medical history or persisting ailment.

Takes 20 mins. You get a pass or fail on the back of a brown envelope and you have to take it back to the afco. Easy.

Good luck.
  10. Thanks for that info mate and thanks for the good luck wish =].

also what is the "Hearing acuity test" I'm not worried about it just interested it sounds interesting =].