Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical in Raleigh

shauna2589 said:
So i do have to strip but i wont get fondled like the guys!!!

It depends on what's on offer. :wink: They may make you do star jumps to test the elasticity of various protrusions and thus if they can withstand service at sea in roughers without dropping off! :lol: :roll:

PS: I'd always wondered why Slim was the way he was. Now I know: Lesley spotting at Raleigh! :D

A

angrydoc

My God- "Rally" is a new one. I know this is an informal forum but Christ- that's bad.

TopCat

Midshipman
A question, if the navy already have my medical records, why would they wait to tell you at raleigh whether you're medically fit enough to join? I passed the pre-joining medical, but I'll be honest and say I didn't fully disclose everything(well, to you anyway!) I have a condition called plantar fibromatosis which is a benign small lump on the arch of my foot. This doesn't effect my ability to do physical exercise, as I regularly jog and do kickboxing, I've had the lump for about 14 years and it hasn't caused me any problems.

HighFlyer

Lantern Swinger
Hi,

I was just reading the Raleigh pamplet again and it says they perform "Extensive Medical and Dental checks". I'm fine with the medical thing, but what happens with the Dental checks?

tommo

War Hero
HighFlyer said:
Hi,

I was just reading the Raleigh pamplet again and it says they perform "Extensive Medical and Dental checks". I'm fine with the medical thing, but what happens with the Dental checks?

Well if nothing has changed since I joined in the 90's they will do a full dental check up including xrays and they will if need be do dental treatment also such a fillings.

Reason being you have have to be fit for sea which includes teeth

TimeToJoinUp

War Hero
TopCat said:
A question, if the navy already have my medical records, why would they wait to tell you at raleigh whether you're medically fit enough to join? I passed the pre-joining medical, but I'll be honest and say I didn't fully disclose everything(well, to you anyway!) I have a condition called plantar fibromatosis which is a benign small lump on the arch of my foot. This doesn't effect my ability to do physical exercise, as I regularly jog and do kickboxing, I've had the lump for about 14 years and it hasn't caused me any problems.

I'm not a doctor, but I was interested to find out about your condition since I had never heard of it before. After a little research it seems either your doctor hasn't fully explained the implications of your condition or that you were not being completely honest with us (and the RN).

In the beginning, where nodules or cords start growing along tendons of the foot, the disease is minor, can be painful. Eventually, however, the cords thicken, the toes stiffen and bend, and walking becomes painful.

The nodules are typically slow growing and most often found in the central and medial portions of the plantar fascia. Occasionally, the nodules may lie dormant for months to years only to begin rapid and unexpected growth.

This could well be one of the reasons that your application has been delayed, particularly if you lied about it on your medical form.

HighFlyer

Lantern Swinger
I just aint got the best teeth in the world, inherited weak teeth off my parents lol I've had a few fillings already, is that all they will do?

tommo

War Hero
HighFlyer said:
I just aint got the best teeth in the world, inherited weak teeth off my parents lol I've had a few fillings already, is that all they will do?

I don't know I'm afraid I'm not the dentist lol

slim said:
shauna2589 said:
HaHa

They said for your medical you have to strip off to your undies!! Why?? I don't really have an issue with taking my clothes off, just would like to know why???

It's for the sexual gratification of the medical staff, Oh and the frustrated new entries who pay a fiver each to watch from behind the two way mirror. :p

So what do you reckon for this one then? Got to be worth a fiver just for the legs...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Medical Assessment at Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 5
H HMS Raleigh medical notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
B Medical at Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 2
Devonjock Medical Discharge (Temporary) from Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
tbfyb HMS Raleigh medical worry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
tbfyb HMS Raleigh medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
H Raleigh medical. Is it any different? Joining the Royal Navy 1
N Medical Discharge from Raleigh appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
W Raleigh Date Medical Assistant GS Waiting Times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
N Medical at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K Medical Discharges at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M Raleigh Medical Health & Fitness 8
R Submariner medical at hms raleigh Submariners 23
A HMS Raleigh week one Medical?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
S Raleigh Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
W Medical at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
werqpr medical at raleigh. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
H Medical at Raleigh Health & Fitness 9
davy_longshanks Pre-Raleigh medical docs Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 0
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 0
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4