Medical history from a foreign country

Hi
I have a question regarding medical history. I'm fully aware that you declare your medical history upon joining, however I wasn't born in the UK, and my question is will I have to somehow gather all my medical information from the country I was born (granted I only lived there till I was 7-8 years old) and present that with me when I go for my medical exam? Or will this information be gathered by other means?

Thanks

I'm yet to apply. Just waiting for my citizenship certificate now. I've just wondered in case I needed documents from abroad which may take a long time to get, since I don't want delays in my application once I have applied.

There is time during the application process for additional documentation to be acquired if necessary.

The best thing for you to do is to send an "Expression of Interest" via the Royal Navy's website to the central hub which handles initial enquiries from people hoping to join the Royal Navy. Sending an "Expression Of Interest" will mean that they will contact you and you can take it from there. They will check things like eligibility etc and things will progress from there. Don't worry about obtaining any documentation at the moment - there would be time to obtain whatever you might need during the application process. How long it takes from the Expression of Interest to the applicant's first day in the Royal Navy depends on a lot of things, but it's never the case that someone makes the initial contact and is good to go a month later, which might be the case in the average job.

Your best bet is to submit an Expression of Interest and then take it from there. Here's the link you need:

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/role-finder

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
I'm yet to apply. Just waiting for my citizenship certificate now. I've just wondered in case I needed documents from abroad which may take a long time to get, since I don't want delays in my application once I have applied.
Get all the records you can NOW. Once your application has started, your medical process will undoubtedly take longer than normal due to them chasing your records from your previous country. This will be extremely frustrating and could take months.
Get ahead of the game and avoid that delay by having all the records available.

Get all the records you can NOW. Once your application has started, your medical process will undoubtedly take longer than normal due to them chasing your records from your previous country. This will be extremely frustrating and could take months.
Get ahead of the game and avoid that delay by having all the records available.
Thanks for the advice that's what I'm in the process of doing

To add in quikcly, since from what I and my parents can remember, I haven't had any 'real' medical injuries like broken bones/serious infections/sprains etc. during my childhood, though been to hospital once due to food poisoning when I was 6/7. Would I still need to go through all the trouble of getting my foreign medical records? Seems a bit of a piss take since I haven't lived there for 11 years and seemingly haven't had any health issues whatsoever during the time living there anyway

To add in quikcly, since from what I and my parents can remember, I haven't had any 'real' medical injuries like broken bones/serious infections/sprains etc. during my childhood, though been to hospital once due to food poisoning when I was 6/7. Would I still need to go through all the trouble of getting my foreign medical records? Seems a bit of a piss take since I haven't lived there for 11 years and seemingly haven't had any health issues whatsoever during the time living there anyway
That's in the lap of the gods and those who make the rules up.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
The time you are using up posting on here would be better spent applying for your medical history from Lithuania.
Just get it done now so you eliminate the possibility of delays once you're in the application process.