Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical help please

Carlsmith

Midshipman
hello I have started a few forums before and everyone was very helpful thanks.
I have my start date 1st may however recently my gums have become sore and bleed so I believe I have periodontitis (gum disease). I have an appointment with dentist next week, my question is will I fail my medical when the navy dentist checks my teeth? If it does how long will it bar entry.

Manicpranic

Midshipman
How bad is it? I had a similar problem but it was due to a build up of plaque in some awkward places that were hard to get to. If anything the dentist will make an assessment and decide on what you need, such as a more stringent cleaning routine with things like floss and electric toothbrushes with hundreds of functions and mouthwash etc etc. Anyway, from personal experience unless your mouth is actually rotting, they'll just refer you for more treatment, highly doubtful it'll get you barred.
Just try and get sorted what you need done before you start training because you don't want stuff like that taking up your time later on.
P.s don't use your real name as your username.

Carlsmith

Midshipman
It is bad to the point if bite something and it catches my gums sometimes it bleeds.
Thank you for the reply it is what I was expecting

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Try to get it sorted before you join because you cannot afford to be spending too much time in the dentist's chair whilst in training, it could put you on the back foot trying to catch up all the time. Use an electric toothbrush if you don't already - it can make a huge difference.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sj25105815 Failed medical - Appeal outline help please. Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical Test-Can someone please help? Health & Fitness 4
R Naval Medical Appeal HELP! Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Press release: More than 380,000 people in Gaza will receive live-saving medical treatment with help from UK aid MoD News 0
H im not sure if there is any point of appling because of medical HELP PLZ! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Medical help Joining the Royal Navy 2
T Help for a medical appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Help with Medical and thoughts Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T5igger Help with medical (sorry!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Muscle imbalance medical help Health & Fitness 4
L Unique Medical issue HELP Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R Help needed medical deferral or fail? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
C Medical Branch help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Medical help!! Health & Fitness 8
J Medical Help Health & Fitness 2
B Medical Officer Cadetship Forms! HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C Medical assistant (SM) Interview in a few weeks, help needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Need Help on the medical! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M NEWBIE MEDICAL HELP - DENTAL!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D medical help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Medical Assistant - All arms commando course - Help? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Aircrew Medical help... The Fleet Air Arm 13
Rum-dooer Help!............yet more medical worries Health & Fitness 14
M About Passed Medical Questionnaire Joining the Royal Navy 0
R Medical RMR 2
M Can't find medical questionnaire and im debating my role Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Update on the government’s response to the Independent Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Review MoD News 0
D Medical cadetship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty on national alert levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Adviser for NHS Test and Trace, Susan Hopkins on community testing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 alert level: update from the UK Chief Medical Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to the profession from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK COVID-19 vaccination programmes MoD News 0
URNU/MNsnotty Sub Medical Req Joining the Royal Navy 21
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the prioritisation of first doses of COVID-19 vaccines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remarks delivered by H.E. Governor Nigel Dakin CMG, and Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nadia Astwood, at the national press conference on COVID vaccination MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Whitty about new strain of Covid-19 MoD News 0
B Failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Chief Medical Officer’s annual report outlines health challenges in England MoD News 0
jsdoddy RN Medical - “Permanently Medically Unfit” Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C Worrying over Medical Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS UK Chief Medical Officers' statement on the self-isolation period: 11 December 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita medical - weight Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M Medical Assistant (Submariner) Quals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS Kenya: call for bids for medical insurance and building products MoD News 0
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 2
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4