Medical for female recruits

#2
Ahem, strip down, yes underwear as well, my dear. MMmm thats right now just bend over and touch your toes..... no sorry absolutely no idea.
Andy will be along dreckly.
 
#4
hi
from what I gather it is the same as the male recruits,
blood pressure
urine test
weight
hieght
BMI (body mass index)
hearing test
check your joins
bones / muslce structure
check your feet
check for colour blindness
check your sight test.
check any operation scars and old healed injuries - eg hernia scars
medical history check - it's a list of alements you just say yes or no accordingly. - with details for example- operations "yes" give details
"hmm I had my apendix out when I was 10"

I think thats about it, you will be in your undies at some point but nothing to be scared of.

hope this helps
ship_rat
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#5
NZ_Bootneck said:
Ahem, strip down, yes underwear as well, my dear. MMmm thats right now just bend over and touch your toes..... Brace, brace, brace.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
 
#6
janner said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Ahem, strip down, yes underwear as well, my dear. MMmm thats right now just bend over and touch your toes..... Brace, brace, brace.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Much improved Janner.
Apologies to Catriona for my first, couldn't resist, I've got the breaking strain of a Kit Kat :oops: . Welcome to RR :grin: .
 
#7
Just as Ship rat says(despite the spelling).At least you get to avoid the Cold Hand Cough Test!Oh and have clean knicks on LOL!
 
A

angrydoc

Guest
#9
95% of diagnoses are made from talking to a patient, or reading the tick-box thing you've filled in prior to the medical.

The examination itself is identical in males and females, apart from making sure balls have dropped!

There's no need to get worried about medicals (I think I've said this about 4231 times now). It's just a medical! It won't hurt!
 
#10
When I did mine for the RAN in 2000 I had to fully strip down and spread the arse cheeks.....it was a female doctor too thank christ

snapdragon said:
I never had to strip or do a sight or hearing test. Mine took about four minutes and wasn't very thorough at all.
 
#11
Izza77 said:
When I did mine for the RAN in 2000 I had to fully strip down and spread the arse cheeks.....it was a female doctor too thank christ

snapdragon said:
I never had to strip or do a sight or hearing test. Mine took about four minutes and wasn't very thorough at all.

Mmmmmmmmm :wink:
 
#12
I'm a bit worried about Raleigh's medical. I went to the doctor a few times with a few things that might have been considered bars to entry, except all it was was side effects of the pill they put me on for ovarian cysts. I was scared i was getting depressed and got referred for counselling (never went, i'd got used to the pills then and realised why i'd felt like that), had pins and needles in my arms (got told i'd got Carpal Tunnel Sydrome and was referred to the hospital for 'nerve conductivity tests'. Never went). Stuff like that and no-one told me that all these things could be caused by the tablets. So i hope it won't stop me joining. Also, got attacked by a boy with a craft knife at school. The scars look pretty suspicious. And had bad pains in my hips and had scans and such when i was younger, which turned out just to be a tight tendon and have had all that sorted now. Hope i won't have any trouble with these things. Maybe i worry too much.
 
#16
Although i do get worse said to me ;) Today someone asked me if i was old enough to do my job. Oh! No! Thanks for reminding me! Shall i ask my manager now?
 
#17
angrydoc said:
95% of diagnoses are made from talking to a patient, or reading the tick-box thing you've filled in prior to the medical.

The examination itself is identical in males and females, apart from making sure balls have dropped!

There's no need to get worried about medicals (I think I've said this about 4231 times now). It's just a medical! It won't hurt!
I remember the Doc saying that to me when I was small as he screwed the needle onto the glass syringe! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :cry:

Ah, that's better.
 
#18
ship_rat said:
hi
from what I gather it is the same as the male recruits......it's a list of alements...
Welcome onboard our mad, sad, bad cyber stony cyber frigate, Catriona.

Please note that when the Ship's Rat talks about alements, this is alcohol related and should not be confused in any way with those medical ailments.

Stand fast Rum Bosun!
 
#19
You will get a far thorough medical on arrival at HMS Raleigh, they even include a pregancy test (but it is voluntary). I have just recently come back from speaking with the PMO at Raleigh, the only worries seem to be fitness and people who arrive over-weight. There are also some problems with people hiding Asthma history.

Regards an RN & RM careers advisor
 
#20
Have asked around the office and confirmed that the strip down is an SOP for RAN medicals....so unless you dont mind getting your bollocks out and coughing, i would suggest coming over this way might be a struggle

dondon said:
Izza77 said:
When I did mine for the RAN in 2000 I had to fully strip down and spread the arse cheeks.....it was a female doctor too thank christ

snapdragon said:
I never had to strip or do a sight or hearing test. Mine took about four minutes and wasn't very thorough at all.

Mmmmmmmmm :wink:
 

Similar threads

Top