Medical examination

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Tenrai, Jul 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there!

I have a question involving the medical side of my navy application process
    recently I have been diagnosed with a perforated eardrum, I asked on this forum last week ow long I have to wait after treatment before I will be at a acceptable standard for the medical examination, I was told 3 months

Recently i went to my local AFCO To have my presentation and talk on navy life. Whilst at the AFCO I got a hold of my application form. I haven't sent off my application form as of yet due to me having the perforated ear drum, is there no point in sending it off as I will be bound to fail the exam whilst undergoing treatment.
    OR is it worth 'getting the ball rolling' as by the time my medical actually comes up I could be all healed up and fit and well for the medical

Many thanks

2. If you lie on your application and you get caught for whatever reason its game over.
    You figure it out.
    Or be upfront and ask the same question that you have on here to the actual organ grinder and not the monkey.
    Good luck with your application in any event.
  3. It's definitely worth talking to the AFCO about it. If it's a condition that's going to heal then I'm sure that getting the ball rolling wouldn't be a problem and the worst that could happen is you'll be declared TMU until it's sorted out? Aren't medicals usually failed (in the application ending kind of way) on serious conditions? Angrydoc would be the person to ask about this really...

If you've only just attended a presentation then you're looking at around 2-3 months until your Medical Exam anyway.