Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical discharge under afps15

gerrysurfs

Midshipman
Evening all,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advise with regards to medical discharge under the impending afps 15 pension scheme.

I'm due to go back to med board again after a second failed attempt at surgery. The signal won't be triggered until around December time, which means I'm looking at a board date of some time around August 2015. I'm currently on the afps 05 scheme and would have done just under 8 years by the time I get to board. My concern is what kind of payout I would receive under afps 15? I'm going to opt for retention, but have been told by my surgeon that it's unrealistic.

I've tried searching the web but to no avail and was hoping someone on here could shed some light on it for me?

Many thanks for your help

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sorry to hear of your circumstances.

I'd be mega impressed if someone were able to give a definitive answer on where you would stand with regard a medical discharge under AFPS 15 at this point in time, to be honest.

At risk of being viewed as a cynic, I've yet to see a new pay/pension/compensation scheme be rolled-out on time or deliver a better renumeration package for the recipient, when compared to the previous scheme.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong & wish you good luck.

gerrysurfs

Midshipman
Thanks for the reply Ninja,

Yea that was my guess to be honest, I've asked around and no one really seems to have a clue, so thought I'd try my luck here.

If I find anything out I'll put it up on here, so hopefully it'll help others out too.

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
Check the MOD intranet. There was a DIN or something this week on precisely this subject. I think it said if you are in the process on 1 April 15 you go through on your existing scheme. I can't be certain what 'in the process' was precisely though. It'll definitely be on the intranet though. I'll check when I get back to work next week if you can't find it.

busterbroon

Lantern Swinger
If the signal is triggered around December surely your boarding will be march or April since in the first board you get a minimum of 100 days and on others it seems quicker

Or are you talking about the doctor sending off the signal for you to be med boarded

But even then August sounds miles away

I knew I was going to med board in the October and my boarding month was February

gerrysurfs

Midshipman
Buster,

Yea the signal will be triggered December time, but the PMO has said that due to the amount of people going through the nmbos process, I'll be looking at an 8-9 month wait.

I've found some information out about being boarded after the 31st March 2015. If a decision has been made by the board before this date that someone will be made P8, then they'll be discharged under their existing pension scheme/entitlements. Anyone discharged after this date, will receive a payout under their existing afps and will also get a payout under the afps 15 scheme too. This secondary payment will be dependant on the amount of time served.

The din has some examples and is very long winded, so I shall start a new post tomorrow and post the details including theoretical examples, should anyone be interested.

Again thanks to everyone for their input.

Gerry

busterbroon

Lantern Swinger
Och its better to just get it over and done with

Now outside with a tax free pension and a war pension so if you are definitely going then send off the forms to take the minimum amount of time to go to board

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gerrysurfs Medical discharge under AFPS 15 updated Finance & Pensions 7
ChewieTheWAFU Medical Discharge Finance & Pensions 1
C Phase one medical discharge Joining the Royal Navy 1
vauxhall Medical Discharge and AFPS 75 Finance & Pensions 0
Devonjock Medical Discharge (Temporary) from Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
R Medical Discharge Miscellaneous 2
vauxhall Tier 1 medical discharge Finance & Pensions 0
A Medical discharge or PVR? Joining the Royal Navy 78
J Wrongful medical discharge Finance & Pensions 15
N Medical Discharge from Raleigh appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M Medical Discharge Finance & Pensions 2
G Medical Discharge Finance & Pensions 10
C Medical discharge after 18 years? Finance & Pensions 6
M Medical Discharge Appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
G Medical Discharge due to Asthma Health & Fitness 18
O Possible medical discharge. UPO 1
P medical discharge Finance & Pensions 10
P Pension on Medical Discharge Finance & Pensions 25
S Re-entry after medical discharge Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Hitback Medical Discharge / War Pension Idea? Current Affairs 161
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B CAPITA MEDICAL Joining the Royal Navy 39
MoD_RSS Deos: delivering faster and better mobile medical screening MoD News 0
P What’s assessed on aircrew medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2