Medical Disappointment (any advise guys)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by deano_navy, May 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i had my medical today i was going for WS. I passed the medical but failed the colour perception standard for WS and most other trades.

I have been left with 4 choices (all logistics)

-Chef
    -Personnel logistician
    -Steward
    -Supply chain logistician

I am interested in the personnel logi. and also supply&chain logi.

Does anyone have any info for me about any of these please. I have read the website of course but was just wondering if anyone had a bit more insight. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks guys.

2. Being a Cook could be iffy, mixing up red and green pepers in a receipe could lead to a major catastrastroke!

3. Yer, plus you wouldn't be able to notice if your blue plaster had fallen into the pasta.

4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Not to mention the colour coded chopping boards for the meat, veg etc.

5. The best bit about this is that he actually wrote on that thread. Second post on second page.

6. Deano_navy really aint having much luck in the application process it seems. Almost painful to watch

7. Wouldnt comment too soon till you are finished selection too. Words tend to come back and bite people on the ass :)

8. I should have looked down the threads first. I just jumped in and posted this straight away. Aw well done now.

Oh and BTW are peppers not blue? haha

9. Sorry to hear that, but you still have an awesome option open- personnel logistician! :D

10. Cheers. I think im going to go for that just give them a call on monday. What trade you going for beeline?

11. True, but at least I know im not colorblind ;)

Just hope they dont notice the fact i have a wooden leg ;)

But yeah, Karma....

12. Personnel Logistician! But I have only just handed my application in so I have no actual information on what the trade is really like. What are you swaying towards at the moment? :)

13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No mate. I think that might be poppers.

14. Handy thing to pop into the casserole if you fancy the chances of someone dropping the soap in the showers later on!

15. Karma's a bitch.

All the best though, im sure you'll be fine :D