Medical - Delay due to injury.. Waiting time affected?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Halifax, Apr 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I had my Pre Joining medical last week and whilst I was told I did well on everything and she was happy to pass me she could not do so due to a wrist injury I have (I was hoping otherwise but fully expectant), she has put me on a review in 4 weeks to see how the injury has come along.

I'm just wondering how this will effect me on the waiting list for the position I am going for, I read somewhere that you are put on the waiting list as of passing the RT, if this is true then it shouldn't really be of much concern in terms of delay, if not it could be quite a set back on an already considerable long waiting list..?

I had an X-Ray on Tuesday and the results came back today, it's a 2 month old sports injury and it turns out I've fractured my Scaphoid so will have to meet with a surgeon next week (First damn week in a new job as well so time off will go down a treat). It's so frustrating.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally you will "mark time" until passed fit whilst those who sat the initial recruiting test at the same time as yourself will progress to hopefully pass the Pre Joining Fitness Test, undertake the selection interview & if found suitable have an entry date requested.

Once you're passed fit, the application will continue & once your entry date is requested, your place in the "queue" remains fixed.
  3. So basically I'm on hold until I pass the medical and my place isn't in a "queue" until I have had an entry date requested?

Shite, this surgeon better work wonders, 30 odd months is bad enough without delays!! I'll be an old man by the time I get in!!
  4. Ninja_Stoker

In a meta-physical sense, the 'clock' starts with the recruiting test but the giggle-pin unlatches from the laughing-shaft on the mainspring, disengaging the dog-clutch if temporarily medically unfit, PJFT is failed, the interview's failed or Security Clearance is knocked-back.

Once you're "back on track" the tickety-thing once again advances.

Those passing the test after you but having an entry date requested ahead of you, will be ahead in the queue for an allocated entry date, but those who passed the test before you, not requested an entry date, won't.

In short: Yup.
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Is it your wanking hand or your writing one, Halifax..?
  6. Ta. Figured as much, was hoping otherwise, 34 months probably just became 40. :(

You have a different one for wanking and writing? It is my important hand, wanking, writing, wiping arse.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Wait until he joins before offering.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I don't use my hands for that! Erm... :oops: