Medical & Capita incompetence

Discussion in 'Joining the Royal Navy' started by Tigerpaw, Oct 6, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This isn't really a thread asking for help, or advice. It is more of a head's up when dealing with Crapita. I was supposed to have had my medical this afternoon. The information they sent me was for a clinic in Central London, so off I trod this morning making sure I get there in good time. The very helpful receptionist then advises me that they don't do RN medicals any more. Cue exasperated phone call to capita, who inform me that I was booked in to a clinic in Sutton! (A good 2 hour journey from central London).

In fairness to them, they did try and find me another appointment for today anywhere within the London area, but to no avail. I now have a new appointment for week after next in Maidstone, I live near Greenwich, so not exactly local. I do wonder whether any of the staff there have any knowledge of the UK outside of Coventry! Oh well, this has been my first speed bump of an otherwise painless process so far. I hope that this is the only one!!
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. Bless you :)
  3. Forgive me father for I have sinned...
  4. Sorry to hear about the delays - hope you get seen promptly now! I think I was quite lucky with mine, I've seen a lot of complaints about Capita around the place.

Just a quick note on your signature; I'm in the process of joining myself but I've seen posters on here advising that it's sensible NOT to give the exact dates your application stages for PERSEC reasons.

5. What an appalling indictment of the system. I wonder if Capita ever bother to read the grumbles about them. They might consider (Thank you Mr Google)

General Sir Charles James Napier, GCB (10 August 1782 – 29 August 1853), who was a soldier and governor of the British Empire and the British Army's Commander-in-Chief in India, during which period he led the military conquest of Sindh. Napier was supposed to have despatched to his superiors the short, notable message, "Peccavi", the Latin for "I have sinned"(which was a pun on I have Sindh).

It might be worth sending to Mr Capita a message: "Peccavit" - or "Thou hast sinned".

But don't hold your breath.
    • Funny Funny x 1