Medical - Breast Augmentation

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by corbesa, Mar 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I had breast augmentation surgery 3 years ago and have been sent away from my medical twice now while the CAPITA GP gains more information, each time declaring me TMU.

I am expecting to go back for a review of the 'situation' as he put it in the next coming weeks, but I am more than a little worried that his lack of knowledge of breast augmentation, or indeed anything regarding female anatomy is going to lead to a medical failure.

I am able to train with all the other guys at my gym and run long distances with a pack. Having the implants makes no difference fitness-wise. I am currently applying for the role of AC, not sure if this would make any difference?

If anyone has any information it would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Thread moved to health and fitness for a qualified response from the medical chaps.

3. I'd argue that there's a time and a place, and I would hope that you being a professional would realise that it's neither here nor now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Play nicely or we we'll have to start deleting stuff.

5. Thats a bit of a damming report of someone who will be a Dr.

6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Based on historical incidents with PIP implants then perhaps he is better to err on the side of caution. whilst fitness is not an issue, your tits going off on board mid ogin could cause complications.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PIP implants stopped being used back in 2005. My implants are silicone, not saline.
    Yes Danny it is a pretty damming report of a dr as I was also advised to be in mid flow for my next medical as I would be rejected if they found blood in my urine. You do not need to be a Dr to know the women do not bleed from where they pee.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

8. exJenny

AngryDoc or Nemesis will be around at some point.

And blood can end up in urine samples during TOTM.

9. I'm just putting it out there that they are close enough to get a chance of cross contamination. Again he's a Dr.

10. Ahh to be a man!

11. Just as a matter of interest and I think these days it's a fair question, are you male or female?

12. Yeah because a woman and by the sounds of it a Dr haven't just said the same thing.

13. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Blood in your urine can come from
    different sources. Your medicals throughout your career check for blood in your urine which can be a sign if something more serious.
    I'm not a doc, just had a few repeated checks for blood and a kidney failure scare.
    Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

14. Thanks redmonkey.
    Yes I am a woman. I was hoping for someone who had been through the process to shed some light. As the doctor I have repeatedly gone to is under the impression that I am the first female to go through that has had the procedure. I just wanted to have some hard facts behind me. Thanks everyone for your input. Much appreciated.

15. And just incase you dont know this is another Dr saying this. Granted he is a man so maybe he is just making it up.

16. exJenny

You'd think a woman would know that.

It's always nice when CDT pitch up and it's that time......

17. This is putting me right off my Merlot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Merlot puts me off my Shiraz.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Claret.....

20. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Kye...! Nighty night. :D