medical boards

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by one ball paul, Feb 27, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Need some advice ,what do people reckon on my chances ,just got over cancer doing well but am shore sided for 2 years due to needing blood and chest xrays every month for the next 2,3 years ,am currently a spec but am branch changing in may 2015 to chef [manning clearance granted ] but have nmbos in November and am a bit worried as would like to stay in. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nice username Paul. Where was the cancer, mate?;)

First things first, good to hear you're on the mend and best of luck to you.

Afraid I haven't got an answer for you but hopefully angrydoc or nemesis1066 may be in a position to give you a pointer. I wish you well.

3. My best mate has 1 ball post cancer and stayed in.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Wardroom jokes aside, I too know of individuals, negat a pair, but don't know the medical aspect other than there are clearly some individuals still serving.

5. It didn't seem to hinder Herr Hitler's career!

6. May not be the absence of said appendage that is the issue - more likely the availability of shore jobs for Chef branch.... thought they had all gone civvie now?

7. If it's any consolation, there was a lad in another class when I was on mechs course who was single knacker for the same reason. He was originally taken off course because of it but after it was all done and dusted he finished the course and went back to sea.

8. My mate is back at sea; I know a lt cdr who's had v bad cancer and is back at sea.

9. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

you've still got the balls to post on here. all the best to you!

10. Can't remember him having all that much success in the Royal Navy though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Edited for you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm surprised that you have managed to secure a branch transfer with an MBOS pending. Best of luck to you for the futue.

13. Nah :chef: