Medical assistants?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by KEB100, Sep 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm new to this site, but I just have afew questions regarding being a medical assistant in the Royal Navy.
    I completed my RT test in march 2011. medical, eyesight, fitness have all been done and dusted, I was wondering if someone could give me a more in-depth insight into the role of a MA. I know the basics of what is involved but if any MA's could share their experiences, that would be great!
    Iv been told my waiting time is approx. 18 months as of when I passed my RT test but I'm unsure as to whether waiting times have changed?
    I just can't wait to get to Raleigh and get on with it!

Thanks for any information, greatly appreciated!

Katie

2. Expect a lot of jokes about ibuprofen and plasters.

3. Welcome to Rum Ration, Katie.

Just as a matter of interest, another Katie who is a Medical Assistant in the Royal Navy was awarded the Military Cross a couple of years ago, the first woman in the Royal Navy and the second in the Armed Forces as a whole to be awarded it.

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

5. Welcome to RR Katie. Good luck in all that comes to you before you join and once you have!

C

6. I remember reading about Kate Nesbitt's MC, very well deserved! But the name is sheer coincidence :)

Katie

7. Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  8. Im an MA in training at the moment. I am in my single service training and if you have any specific questions about Keogh Barracks or the training I can hopefully help you out :)