Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Assistant Role

Corn

I’m interested in joining, but have heard that the Medical Assistant role has been closed, does anyone know if this is definitely the case, and if so what other roles have priority to join sooner? Thanks

soleil

War Hero
I’m interested in joining, but have heard that the Medical Assistant role has been closed, does anyone know if this is definitely the case, and if so what other roles have priority to join sooner? Thanks

It's not showing as closed on the website.

If I were you, I would fill in the online form this evening.

PS Click on "Request Your Application".

Jackthedusty

Midshipman
Hi Corn,
The MA branch is definitely still recruiting. There is a bit of a wait at the moment. The surface fleet MA is a longer wait than the Subsurface route. As Soleil says, put a application in and once you are allocated to an Office the careers advisers will contact you.

Corn

Thank you for your replies. its the AFCO who told me they were no longer accepting MA‘s, so I am now going for the Marine Engineering role. It’s my understanding that this is a Fast Tracked role, so hopefully the process is quicker and I’ll be in before Christmas :D

soleil

War Hero
Thank you for your replies. its the AFCO who told me they were no longer accepting MA‘s, so I am now going for the Marine Engineering role. It’s my understanding that this is a Fast Tracked role, so hopefully the process is quicker and I’ll be in before Christmas :D

If you originally opted for MA and that is the role which interests you most, I would be inclined to suggest that you speak to the CA again and just ask for clarification. Not only is MA still recruiting, as Jackthedusty is telling you, MA (SM) is on priority at the moment.

Can I check where your nearest large city is, so that I can make sure that you have the right number to call?

It would be a pity if you continued along the Engineering route based on a misapprehension and then found that the role wasn't what you had really wanted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil FB: RN Recruitment - An Insight Into The Medical Assistant (Submariner) Role Submariners 0
O Medical Assistant role info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A How long are medical assistant deployments for submariners ? Joining the Royal Navy 3
SafferBlondie Naval Aircraft Handler vs. Marine Engineer vs. Medical Assistant in the RN Joining the Royal Navy 43
R Medical assistant deployment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Submariner medical assistant training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
H Medical assistant waiting Times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T5igger Start date - Medical assistant waiting times? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
I Medical Assistant and Mental health student nurse career timeline/progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Waiting time for Medical Assistant (Submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
A Medical Assistant Diamond Lil's 5
C Career Advice- RN medical assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
M What being is a Medical assistant general service really like? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
W Raleigh Date Medical Assistant GS Waiting Times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
E Medical Assistant GS vs Submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
andym Medical Assistant T shirts The Quarterdeck 1
S Joining as a Medical Assistant (SM) Submariners 7
M Medical Assistant : Submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Medical assistant - Waiting times and information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Info about medical assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
G Hoping to apply as a medical Assistant. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
AndyStano Hoping to join as a medical assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
C medical assistant (submariner) waiting list and other problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
deano232 Newbie - Applying for Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
J RNR- Medical Assistant/Operating Department Practitioner Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
C Medical assistant (SM) Interview in a few weeks, help needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M healthcare assistant, joining as a medical orderly Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D Info On Sub Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Medical Assistant - All arms commando course - Help? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
H Medical Assistant RT EXAM! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D General Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
L medical assistant prospects Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
O Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
O Questions - Medical Assistant Submariner Submariners 23
B Naval nurse or medical assistant? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
W Medical Assistant - Subs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Sophie Medical Assistant vs Nurse Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
R Medical Assistant - possible career The Fleet 15
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 0
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 0
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29