Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medical Assistant - All arms commando course - Help?

Hi, i am in the process of applying for a medical assistant, i have passed my rt test and have my medicals coming up!

I was was reading over some things and noticed that you can do the all arms commando course to gain your green beret and serve with the marines.

Does this mean you only work with the marines oppsoed to the navy?

Any information anybody has about this would be greatly appreciatied!

Cheers!

daffy1

War Hero
If you do your all arms, you are not just restricted to the marines. You dont need to be commando trained to work with the marines, but then again if you are commando trained i suppose it gives the other marines peace of mind that you are trained to a high infantry standard. But all the usual drafts and ships drafts etc are still open to you.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
daffy1 said:
...But all the usual drafts and ships drafts etc are still open to you...

...and would be a necessity for continuation training and promotion. I'm sure Angrydoc will be along shortly to give you the staff answer! :thumbleft:

thanks guys! so basically it allows me to serve with the marines also. As i dont want to be stuck in a medical room for my full career, id like to get out into the feild and help out in frontline situations!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
soleil FB: RN Recruitment - An Insight Into The Medical Assistant (Submariner) Role Submariners 0
A How long are medical assistant deployments for submariners ? Joining the Royal Navy 3
SafferBlondie Naval Aircraft Handler vs. Marine Engineer vs. Medical Assistant in the RN Joining the Royal Navy 43
O Medical Assistant role info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Medical assistant deployment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Submariner medical assistant training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
H Medical assistant waiting Times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T5igger Start date - Medical assistant waiting times? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
I Medical Assistant and Mental health student nurse career timeline/progression Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Waiting time for Medical Assistant (Submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
A Medical Assistant Diamond Lil's 5
C Career Advice- RN medical assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
M What being is a Medical assistant general service really like? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
W Raleigh Date Medical Assistant GS Waiting Times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
E Medical Assistant GS vs Submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
andym Medical Assistant T shirts The Quarterdeck 1
S Joining as a Medical Assistant (SM) Submariners 7
M Medical Assistant : Submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Medical assistant - Waiting times and information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Info about medical assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
G Hoping to apply as a medical Assistant. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
AndyStano Hoping to join as a medical assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
C medical assistant (submariner) waiting list and other problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
deano232 Newbie - Applying for Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
J RNR- Medical Assistant/Operating Department Practitioner Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
C Medical assistant (SM) Interview in a few weeks, help needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M healthcare assistant, joining as a medical orderly Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D Info On Sub Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
H Medical Assistant RT EXAM! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D General Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
L medical assistant prospects Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
O Medical Assistant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
O Questions - Medical Assistant Submariner Submariners 23
B Naval nurse or medical assistant? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
W Medical Assistant - Subs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Sophie Medical Assistant vs Nurse Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
R Medical Assistant - possible career The Fleet 15
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0