Medical Assessment and Headaches

I’m looking to join the Royal Navy however I am on prescription ‘pizotifen’ tablets for headaches. I was prescribed them 5 years ago but I’m not sure if I was diagnosed with migraines and I’m not sure if I still get bad head aches now or if that’s because of the tablets. Will this make me ineligible to join? Thank you!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If your medical records show you have been diagnosed with migraine and are currently being prescribed treatment for migraine, then it is unfortunately likely to be a bar to entry.

You need to speak to your GP. Those who are a couple of years free from migraine symptoms and prescribed treatment on their medical records are usually accepted on risk.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Thank you for replying so quickly. Is this the case for every job? I’d like to be an Electrical and Mechanical Engineer.
The medical standards with regard migraine are the same across the board. How do I know? I got knocked back twelve months for migraine myself when I first applied to join.

Thank you for replying so quickly. Is this the case for every job? I’d like to be an Electrical and Mechanical Engineer.
You can be one or the other. ET(ME) cover both roles but you will stream either electrical or mechanical although there is an element of cross-training