Medical appeal

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hughey, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all im after some advice .I failed my medical in January on a shoulder operation i had three years ago i want to appeal and see if i can get another go at it but i was told i would never be able to apply due to my operation putting me at risk of future arthritis .What would be the best way to appeal? would i be wasting my time?has any one ever managed to get the decision reversed?

2. You can only really appeal if you think you have medical grounds of appeal. That basically means that if you can get a civvy Dr to change their opinions you might be able to get the AFCO Medical advisor to change theirs.

Normally once you have been made permanently medically downgraded, then that is it for you applying. Unless it is something that will get better or you will grow out of.

Sorry to be the bearer of not good tidings

SM

:)

3. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

I think I answer about 3 questions on this forum, but it cycles every 2 days or so.

You can only appeal against the original diagnosis, not against our standards. If you had an operation which is linked to premature arthritis then on that basis we will choose not to employ you. An appeal will not change this and will be rejected.

4. I thought that would be the case. I will give it a try though

5. Chris, our polo shirt, BB cap provider was rejected by perc for the very same thing, appealed and was knocked back again, obtained 2 independant civvie consultant nods to the good and was still rejected.