Medical Appeal waiting times

Chover

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the waiting times to hear back an appeal now that the roles that can appeal have been reduced heavily.

fishhead

War Hero
Medical waiting times are impossible to predict especially where appeals are concerned. Your particular problem is highly unlikely to correspond with another individual so any guesses are just that and should be regarded with the greatest doubt.
Let things take their course, don't stress, get on with your life.

1 year. Yours might not be as long as mine, but if you're going for an oversubscribed branch then expect to wait well over 9 months even a year or more without success.

Last edited:
I put my appeal in last year and still waiting....i was told by my C.A that the med team has been instructed to contact all candidates in September so if you just wait you should hear something....dont put your life on hold as the decision could be a negative one....all you can do is crack on with your life and wait to hear back

Chover

Was going to say!!
I had this email from the SEMC recently,
Many thanks for your email. Due to unforeseen circumstances an appeal could take up to 3 months to administer. We are working hard on the backlog and anticipate completing your appeal much sooner.
hopefully this means it won’t be too bad

Waspie

War Hero
Was going to say!!
I had this email from the SEMC recently,
Many thanks for your email. Due to unforeseen circumstances an appeal could take up to 3 months to administer. We are working hard on the backlog and anticipate completing your appeal much sooner.
hopefully this means it won’t be too bad
It means what it says. Don't read into what nots said!!!!