Medical appeal waiting time

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Unless it's a niche issue requiring a decision from a consultant in a specific area of medicine, or further data is required, the average medical appeal is used turned around in under a month.

Unless it's a niche issue requiring a decision from a consultant in a specific area of medicine, or further data is required, the average medical appeal is used turned around in under a month.
Many thanks that is great.
I had heard that normally people wait 3 months and sometimes over 6 months but i wasn't sure if this was just exaggeration or the odd unlucky individual.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Many thanks that is great.
I had heard that normally people wait 3 months and sometimes over 6 months but i wasn't sure if this was just exaggeration or the odd unlucky individual.
It certainly did take that long until they quadrupled the size of the service entry medical cell, who are excellent.

Often is the time I'll ring them with a query and get an instant answer.

Young mariner. Have you heard back from your medical appeal?

How did it go?

And how long did you wait?

Just wondering as I have had to appeal my medical also.

Thanks

Young mariner. Have you heard back from your medical appeal?

How did it go?

And how long did you wait?

Just wondering as I have had to appeal my medical also.

Thanks
Hey there,

I sent my appeal off just over two weeks ago but I was told it wouldn't be sent off until the person who sends them off was back in the office. I'm not sure if they have even sent it off yet which is annoying but I've bothered my careers adviser too much to ask!

Do we get informed once they send our appeal off?

Many thanks

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hey there,

I sent my appeal off just over two weeks ago but I was told it wouldn't be sent off until the person who sends them off was back in the office. I'm not sure if they have even sent it off yet which is annoying but I've bothered my careers adviser too much to ask!

Do we get informed once they send our appeal off?

Many thanks
Different AFCOs clearly run different routines. In my AFCO the individual Careers Adviser would send off the appeal and send an acknowledgement to the appellant. In the event the Careers Adviser was on leave etc., the duty Careers Adviser would get it sent off.

All I can suggest is giving your Careers Adviser a call to enquire whether it has been received and forwarded.