Medical and PJFT questions.

Hello,

I am at the medical stage of my application and I've just received the letter confirming that I have it in a few weeks.

What can I expect at the medical? is there anything I am required to do?

Also how long after the medical will my PJFT be?

Thanks for any help given!

Medical you piss in a pot then do basic weight height blood pressure stuff then a few press ups and funny walks to check your body moves correctly then they will examine you on a bed and check your joints and you do a hearing test with different frequencies
pjft is to be completed upto 28 days from date of medical

I have a medical question and not sure how to PM people or who would be best to ask. I was MD'd from RM recruit training after nearly 2 years at week 26 with a lower back injury. I was recommended fit for navel service and offered a transfer but did not take it at the time. I know wish to rejoin in a navel rank an wondered if the medical decision would still stand when I apply. Will they take that initial decision and allow me to go through selection for the navy.

Any help or advice is welcome.
Kind regards
Matt

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Welcome, former "NodFather".

The thing you have to bear in mind is the medical standards for entry are far more stringent than for those already serving. The Corps obviously liked you & felt you had what it takes to complete RT - particularly if Final Ex was otherwise within your grasp. Quite simply, you would not have been paid a wage as a recruit for two years or offered the chance to transfer if they didn't have reasonable regard for your performance.

Snag is, the Corps are extremely risk averse with back & lower-limb injuries so the door there will quite likely be closed.

The RN? Depends on your medical history since discharge - you'll need to be fully clear of the injury, medication, treatment, symptoms & fully mobile for a good few years to be in with a chance. If you were discharged with a medical pension, there's very little prospect of success, I'd imagine.

Ultimately - there's only one way to find out for certain by entering into the re-entry process but whilst every sympathy & best wish is afforded - definitely don't build your hopes, your chance may well have passed you by unfortunately.

Good luck.

nemesis1066

Lantern Swinger
Evening.
A lot depends on the injury and length of time injured. In your case, if it was 2 years stuck at wk 26 then it doesn't sound good. Not many are passed fit for re-entries with previous back injuries, no matter what 'recovery' has been made. BUT! It doesn't hurt to ask, does it?